icon

97 civic aftermarket radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Rkodis 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have a pioneer 4900ib radio, that i installed in my 97 civic lx and can't seem to get the "ACC" red wire to work. (so when i turn the ignition key, the radio should go on, but it doesn't)
I purchased the wiring harness that plugs into the stock stereo harness.
I then connected color to color.
The yellow constant is working, i tested it.
Please help.
Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/stereodetail/1050.html
thats the link to the civic radio wire information
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Get out your meter.  Test the voltage on your ACC wire and see if it is working.  Look for blown fuses.
Support the12volt.com
j_darling2007 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2007 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Are you sure it is the ACC wire. It is most likely the ground to cause this problem in my personal experience. But also look for blown fuses like DYohn said.
There are 3 kinds of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't
Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

No, the ACC is not working. I checked all fuses. Everything is intact.

Would you happent to know where, or which exact fuse? Under the hood, or underthe dash?

Because i checked both, all fuses are all functional.

The "ACC" wire is the red wire correct?

What i did to make my headunit work, was: connected both yellows.

Then take the red "ACC"  wire from the headunit, and tied it together with the yellow wires.

The red wire from the wire harness is just taped off so it doesn't touch anything.

Now the HEADUNIT is always running on.   It does have a detachable face.......(when i want it on i would attach the face, when i dont want it on, i remove the face.... ) this is temporary...... or for the past few weeks already. I still can't figure out whats wrong.

Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  

Of course, the ground wire from the headunit  is connected to the car ground black wire

perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
it sounds like it could be a backup fuse problem. If I recall correctly there should be 7.5V fuse under the hood and it is marked "back-up" or something along those line. It may also be in the fuse box in the car(I can;t remember) Anyways if you still cannot find the fuse then you could always run a wire from your accessory under the steering wheel. Hopefully something works to fix your problem.
Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2007 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

I'll double check the fuses again! just so many...

I just pull them out one by one, to check to see if they're blown. if they are, i replace them.

perly 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 9:00 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately just pulling them and visually checking is not always the best way. I have seen many fuses which look perfectly fine but then when I test them with a meter(checking either voltage on both sides or the easier way is to check continuity) they are in fact blown. I have encountered this enough times to recommend that you test the applicable fuses with a meter.
Rkodis 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  

perly wrote:
Unfortunately just pulling them and visually checking is not always the best way. I have seen many fuses which look perfectly fine but then when I test them with a meter(checking either voltage on both sides or the easier way is to check continuity) they are in fact blown. I have encountered this enough times to recommend that you test the applicable fuses with a meter.

Thats an excellent idea. What type of meter would you recommend, i can try my local ace hardware they usually have lower prices than home depot.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic