icon

2005 accord audio problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ossrom 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
it's a hybreed 2005 accord w/factory navigation. i added 2 amps 1 for hihgs,4hc 300 watts jl audio, 1 for the bass,600.1 phoenix gold, and a 4042 kenwood eq. it sound great, i got the speaker signal for the hi/lo converter from behind the radio,(there was no stock amplifier on this car).       
the problem is that when the car is w/the engine running and i close all doors, on the bass u hear an extremely loud humming noise.    i've only heard this noise before when i've come accross with a bad epicenter or a radio is not grounding the rca. but in this system i got no epicenter.    one more thing, if the engine is running and all doors are closed it makes the noise, but if i accellerate to 2000rpms the noise goes completely away, if i decellerate slowly the noise slowly reapears at the same rate as the rpms ger lower.
i checked rca's, they are good , i tried new ones(using monster cables all arround). i checked if any of the wires i run were grounding, i cheked amps an eq they're good. ground on amp and cap are solid. i changed the ground on hi/lo, tried another one,changed ground on eq aswell.
if i desconect the bass from any place ,power, rca, or eq i dont get the problem, it only happens when the bass is on so i thought it was the amp but when i test the amp in another car it works fine.
if i disconec the hi/lo it does not make any sound or noise either, if any body has an idea on whats going on i'll appriciate your help,...
thanx
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry...I am from California, and the word epicenter here is usually followed by "was located 1 mile south of san francisco, making this earthquake extremely distructive" Can you please use a differant word to discribe your problem? Thanks! (I still might not be able to help, but at least i won't think that your car has been the source of distruction throughout the world.) What is your amp mounted to?  
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  

You say hybrid, so when accelerating the the gas engines kicks in and when cruising the electric drive takes over? This is an assumption I have onely worked on maybe 4 hybrids so.  Try eliminating the eq as a source of the noise.

i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,670
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 04, 2007 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  

Open the trunk and set your subs outside the car.  Does the problem go away?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic