the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

what is a good dei alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  

enice wrote:
After reviewing the install manuals for those alarms/rs i must say they are very installer friendly.  Only thing I dont like so far is that the pager that i saw on the website looks down right ugly.  Sorry but thats the only things I dont like about it.  I'm planning to carry that line when the shop opens soon.

Sad to say enice.... soon all (most) of the astro transmitters will look like DEI units. Only a very few will remain "Astro"   Makes me want to cry. GOD! I hate DEI. They are gonna take the best thing.... and turn it into just "another remote start"

swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  
Astrostart is not fully owned by DEI they only own the majority of shares, Astroflex maintains ownership of of the manufacturing facility and R&D. Under the deal Jean Desmarais (Astroflex founder and president) become president of DEI Canada, so i wouldnt count on too many changes to the Astro platform. Yes the remotes will change to dei style but from what im told(by astrostarts VP of sales and marketing) the platforms will remain the same. I hope so!
BTW try putting an DEI remote in the wash and see if it still works, every astro remote has been before it leaves the factory.
Q:What does DEI stand for? A: dont ever install
KarTuneMan wrote:

enice wrote:
After reviewing the install manuals for those alarms/rs i must say they are very installer friendly.  Only thing I dont like so far is that the pager that i saw on the website looks down right ugly.  Sorry but thats the only things I dont like about it.  I'm planning to carry that line when the shop opens soon.

Sad to say enice.... soon all (most) of the astro transmitters will look like DEI units. Only a very few will remain "Astro"   Makes me want to cry. GOD! I hate DEI. They are gonna take the best thing.... and turn it into just "another remote start"

Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
I must say that I am very open minded when it comes to all types of alarms/remote start.  But the truth of the matter is that DEI units are extremely reliable.  Only true thing that is not liked by DEI is that they are widely available to everyone including the end user for installation.  Although its true that the profit in a business point of view would drop because of this I still believe they are great.  As for the Astroflex, I believe(havent seen an actual unit here in NYC) that they look great with the features it offers.  On top of that after studying the install manuals, having their "brain" and a DEI remote with SST technology would rule.  On top of that if  dealer agreements are kept with Astrflex then it would be on top of the game.  Not only that but I would be an authorized dealer(pending talks with Astro).....would be sweet. BTW, if your remote gets in the wash doesnt that void the remote warranty regardless if its Astro or DEI????? 
swerks 
Copper - Posts: 224
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:
I must say that I am very open minded when it comes to all types of alarms/remote start.  But the truth of the matter is that DEI units are extremely reliable.  Only true thing that is not liked by DEI is that they are widely available to everyone including the end user for installation.  Although its true that the profit in a business point of view would drop because of this I still believe they are great.  As for the Astroflex, I believe(havent seen an actual unit here in NYC) that they look great with the features it offers.  On top of that after studying the install manuals, having their "brain" and a DEI remote with SST technology would rule.  On top of that if  dealer agreements are kept with Astrflex then it would be on top of the game.  Not only that but I would be an authorized dealer(pending talks with Astro).....would be sweet. BTW, if your remote gets in the wash doesnt that void the remote warranty regardless if its Astro or DEI????? 
Astrostart uses the wash machine as aquality control device. all of their remotes are put through a cycle to ensue their water proofing.
I had a customer last year that brought me a remote frm a 2106 that spent the winter at the bottom of a lake. After cleaning it up and replacing the battery it worked like a charm
Steve Sverdahl
Swerksound Auto Electric
Red Deer Alberta
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic