icon

dei 689m?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luckydawg003 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2007 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  
Where do I get one, I didn't see it on DEI's website. How exactly do I hook this thing up. Thanks
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2007 at 9:02 AM / IP Logged  
I think we have a few left in stock.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
Ok I found out its $100 for this 689m. Is this thing necessary? My installer told me that he could hook up the r/s on my manual. I would just have to make sure its in neutral. But with the 689m I guess it only starts the car in neutral...so do u think its worth it or not?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2007 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  

The thing is that you always could do it without  it but right there with that comment he made he just showed how irresponsible he is.  There will be a day when you dont have it in neutral and you will be liable for it.  Get the 689M to make it work but if you dont then no one here will help you installing it without.  Theres a reason why they made it dont you think?  There not just trying to make money.

luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2007 at 11:05 AM / IP Logged  
Ok so I will get the 689m if they sell them at DEI. Also I need to get some bypass for my car, since it has coded keys. From what the installer was telling me is I actually have to leave my spare key in the bypass box so the remote start will work. Well if someone broke into my car couldn't they just find that box and take out the key then start the car and off they go? Seems stupid to me to leave a factory key in the car.
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
I did some more research on the 689m. On one forum this guy said I don't need to use it. That I could just use the python r/s and find a neutral safety switch on my transmission and connect this input, then the car wouldn't start in gear. Any truth to this?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  
OK, find that wire and tell me where it is because not all vehicles have it.  Imprezas have one and can be installed like that but you tell me if your does.  Only way to really know is to get the service manual and see if the vehicle even has one.  I think I read that post too but then again KPierson also posted a while back on the answer i gave right now.
luckydawg003 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2007 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  
I found out my car doesn't have the neutral safety switch. So I will try to order the 689m and if I can't get one I will just have my installer bypass it and hook it up to the ebrake. I live in FL so I really won't use the remote start that much anyways.
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2007 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
remind me not to visit florida if you decide to put a dei starter in without it.
unwise decision.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
luckydawg003 wrote:
I found out my car doesn't have the neutral safety switch. So I will try to order the 689m and if I can't get one I will just have my installer bypass it and hook it up to the ebrake. I live in FL so I really won't use the remote start that much anyways.
"> A previous post of yours
If you aren't going to do it the right way with a 689m or a unit designed for a manual, then please stay out of the industry. It doesn't need more people with the irresponsible behavior you are showing.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic