icon

trunk release, 95 saturn sc2

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ralliart16 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
well I contacted DEI about this, i'm waiting on their response.
I'm sure i'm screwed though. (for the warranty to be valid it had to be installed at a DEI certified place)
ralliart16 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
yep, i'm screwed. I simply got a "copy and paste" reply stating they will replace it provided a receipt of installation from an authorized dealer is provided.
Anyway, i'm just going to use the channel 4 output. Jworm stated that I can reprogram the module so that the AUX button will control channel 4 instead of channel 2, how do i do this? I didn't see it in the manual.
One other question. For the door trigger wire, i tapped directly into the wire going to the trigger on the drivers side. However, On the PASSENGERS side, I tested the wires coming DIRECTLY off the trigger itself, and neither of them are giving me the correct signal. It should be 12V door closed, and 0V when the door is open. This doesnt make sense, as once again I tested both wires directly off the trigger.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

ok? so whats your question.  If it gives you 12v when its closed and 0v when its open then that means that is a negative trigger.  If its the opposite then its positive.  Either way, the alarm accomodates this with either its green wire for negative coming off the main harness or purple wire for positive.

ralliart16 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
enice wrote:

ok? so whats your question. If it gives you 12v when its closed and 0v when its open then that means that is a negative trigger. If its the opposite then its positive. Either way, the alarm accomodates this with either its green wire for negative coming off the main harness or purple wire for positive.

yes, and i'm using the negative trigger. My question is, why do BOTH wires coming off the passenger side trigger give NO voltage at all whether the door is open or closed. The drivers side trigger gives me the correct signal, but the passenger side does not.
ralliart16 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Nevermind, figured it out. I had the dome lamp unplugged... plugged it back in. Now the pass trigger reads as it should. I suppose the way the circuit is set up, it needs the dome lamp plugged in for the pass trigger to get power. anyway, one last question as I asked before.
ralliart16 wrote:
Anyway, i'm just going to use the channel 4 output. Jworm stated that I can reprogram the module so that the AUX button will control channel 4 instead of channel 2, how do i do this? I didn't see it in the manual.
ralliart16 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
LOL i spoke too soon.
So get this.
Passenger side trigger wire. Reads 12V door closed, 0 V open, all good right? WRONG.
When I take the wire splice off the viper (which is connected to the driver's side trigger wire) and connect it to the passenger side trigger wire, it screws everything up.
Whenever the dome light is on (read: door open) the trigger wires read 0V on the passenger side. NORMALLY there is no dome light delay on the passenger side. however If i open the passenger side door and close it, apparently being hooked to the drivers side trigger wire via the viper wire loves it all to hell, because the dome light NEVER TURNS Off (the dome lamp wire is set to "DOOR"). Keep in the mind the drivers side door is closed the whole time.
Therefore.. the viper will always think the passenger side is open.
Ideas?
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
if you pull up on the cupholders/ashtray and remove them there is a harness down there, pull up on it and you can get it up a little bit higher than the opening, and inside there there will be a white wire that will trigger all 4 doors, just meter it like you do the pin switches and any door that turns on the domelight will cause meter to drop to 0 volts make sure you meter it cause there are 3 whites or so in there and 1 is door unlock, and im not sure what the othrs are but one is the common domelamp feed
ralliart16 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
bumping an old thread here. I got everything else figured out, including the door triggers.
Only one thing is bugging me though, that the trunk release is set to channel 4. Its annoying pressing lock+aux simultaneously, as if you dont press it just right it either reads just lock or just aux.
Jworm stated that I can reprogram the module so that the AUX button will control channel 4 instead of channel 2, how do i do this? I didn't see it in the manual.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic