icon

2008 scion xb, aps-998

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nolimitzinc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2007 at 11:48 AM / IP Logged  

Alright I got a weird question. I have a 2008 Scion xB. Did a APS-998 in it. Did not use the remote start part of it. It is a stick and didnt want to risk it some how. Everything has worked great until the other day. I was on a trip to NM and got in the car after getting gas and was sitting there talking to one of my buddies with the car running. Went to take off and the alarm starts arming itself. Head down the freeway and keeps doing it. I pulled off and pulled the fuse for the alarm. Was in a big group of vehicles so I didnt have time to trouble shoot alot. So I got to where I needed to be, put the fuses back in. checked all the connections. Had a loose one on my hatch wire. Fixed that. All seemed fixed.

3 days later. stop to pick up a buddy. Sat in the car with it running. Go to take off and same thing. Starts arming itself again. Pull over check it again. works fine now. Get home, pull the alarm down. Can not find a single thing loose or wrong. Put it all back in there all is good.

Pick up my buddy again this morning. Same thing now. I drove down the road, with the door kinda cracked to keep the dome light on. Does not arm at all. Soon as you close the door it starts to arm. So about half way to work I check the door and it works fine again. It seems to be only when the vehicle sits running for a few minutes and then go to drive. Anyone got any suggestions?  I have been doing this for a long time and never seen this. I have checked all the doors, checked ignition wires. I dont get it.

chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
You may have passive arming on but it should only work with the ignition off and all doors closed
nava94 
Silver - Posts: 296
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
check your ignition wire you might have the wrong one.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 11:52 AM / IP Logged  
Ignition should be black at the column make sure you test with your dmm
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged  
Also check your ground if it is intermittent it may do that.
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
nolimitzinc 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I have tapped both ignition wires. Ground is fine. I just ended up taking the passive arming off. It acts like it just looses igntion sometimes. It does it the same time, everytime. Just weird. Oh well.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic