the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

need fuse advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2007 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  
Yes.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
mustang_pumpin 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2007 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  

well i think ive got it all figured out properly now!!

i went out and bought an ANL fuse holder and a 300A fuse and installed it.... now if my 0/1 awg power wire would hurry up and get here i can get rid of the lil 4 awg power wire and hopefully be all good to go!!!!

need fuse advice - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2007 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  

Please post that you didn't put a 300a anl fuse inline on 4 gauge............

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 14, 2007 at 5:30 PM / IP Logged  

need fuse advice - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.  oops...another burning car on the side of the road...

My first thought, too, as soon as you said you didn't have the 0 gauge yet...just where in the heck did you put that 300 amp fuse?

Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2007 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
xtremej wrote:

Please post that you didn't put a 300a anl fuse inline on 4 gauge............

need fuse advice - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.     HAHAHA... NO WAY would i put a 300a on a 4 awg what are you nuts?!?!!?!! I Bought a 150a fuse to use with the 4 awg for now until i get my 0/1 awg wire... THEN I WILL use the 300a!!!!!

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 14, 2007 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  

I guess i should have mentioned the 150a with that.... OOOPPSS my bad!! lol

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 15, 2007 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
mustang_pumpin wrote:

Ok currently installed in my car is.....

2 x 12" Cerwin Vega Stroker 2ohm DVC subwoofers with a 2000w RMS and 4000w peak power handling!!!

4 x Phoenix Gold Octane-R series R15.0:1 class D Monoblock amplifiers with 1500w output each!!!!

ok i originally had only 2 of the phoenix gold amps installed and never had any problems with fuses blowing or anything... but now that i have the 4 amps installed my fuse keeps blowing so i can safely and obviously assume that the 1 x 80amp AGU fuse i have installed is not anywhere near the properply needed fusing for this setup!!

i just upgraded alternators to a 240watt which i upgraded all the wiring for it to 0/1awg wiring!!

i would like some advice from anyone and the more the better, about what size fuses, and where they should be installed and how and well anything u can recommend for the setup i have installed!!!!

ANY HELP ASAP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Thanks in advance to all that reply  need fuse advice - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

im pretty sure this is due to having the 4 awg wire installed when it should be the 0/1 awg but..... when my car is running and i turn my stereo up to only like volume 8 -10 or so, my lil battery indicator light on my dash cluster flashes as the bass hits deeper.... am i correct that is most likely just because the size wire currently installedddddd or could something else cause this???

mustang_pumpin 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2007 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  

Has anyone ever ran a wire from the battery ground (or location battery is grounded to frame) back to the amplifiers?? Would doing so make the ground connection stronger?? Or would doing so be pointless?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic