icon

satallite radio vs cd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carson04 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

well, i listen only to satalite radio and CDs, mainly hip hop and some rock, 100% of the time i  find the sound of the music on SIRIUS to be much better then CDs, i imagine it would be equalizer settings but car audio isnt my trade so i dont know, if any one could give me advice on this problem or any products i could use to make my CDs more enjoyable, current set up is

HU: Pioneer Premier 680MP

JL audio a4300 bridged (150x2 i ttink) running an infinity 6000cs component

and JL audio 500/1 running 2 10w6v2s

carson04 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  

*one more thing*

was always used to 4 speakers (2 rear 2 front0 just recentaly went down to only components in the front, woofer in door and tweeter on the pillar, i feel like my bass isnt blending with the music as it did before

2001 chev malibu, subs in trunk

thanks alot

1883atlantics 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2007 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
carson04 wrote:

well, i listen only to satalite radio and CDs, mainly hip hop and some rock, 100% of the time i  find the sound of the music on SIRIUS to be much better then CDs, i imagine it would be equalizer settings but car audio isnt my trade so i dont know, if any one could give me advice on this problem or any products i could use to make my CDs more enjoyable, current set up is

HU: Pioneer Premier 680MP

JL audio a4300 bridged (150x2 i ttink) running an infinity 6000cs component

and JL audio 500/1 running 2 10w6v2s

SAT radio's freq. spread isn't as good as a CDs, AFAIK. I researched this same topic a long while back and found out that the SAT radio companies use different compression and freq. spectrum for different channels. You may be hearing the increased bass they might put in to make the rock channels sound "better".   As far as the CDs go, are u talking about songs burned to CD (MP3, etc) or factory-original CDs?  Oh and to make the bass blend more smoothly, try checking/messing with your crossover points (try subs xover point first).

Jeff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic