icon

interference

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 7:59 AM / IP Logged  

lately i have been working on a guys 2002 Ford F250 Crew Cab. The system consists of 2 JL12w7, 1 jl 1000/1, 1 jl 300/4 ran to JL ZR 650csi (front) and JL XR650cxi (rear) and the headunit is an Alpine iDA-X001. the system also consists of 2 deep cycle batterys one under the hood and the other used as secondary with a pac200 in between the two. it sounds great! only problem is there is a HIGH pitched whine whether the vehicle is on or off. and it does not change sound with the engine speed.

routes of correction i have taken include regrounding the 300/4 and Alpine H/U. Changing out the 300/4 with a 300/2 the customer had laying around. still same noise...Thinking that there may be some problem with the head unit i took it out of the f250 and put it in another vehicle with simmalar amp set up and no noise. im really stumped on this one. any idea is appreciated

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
Had a similar problem one time with JL comps. because the primary power lead was run close to the crossovers. Fire up the system and move the crossover closest to the power wire away from it. Good luck.
There is no such thing as free installation!
jvillefinest 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
thanks for the imput...i tried moving the crossovers further from the amps and no change...any other idea?
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
jvillefinest 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
and just to add to that it is comming out of all 4 speakers
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
AJRXtreme 
Silver - Posts: 302
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried grounding the rca's from the back of the HU? This was my exact problem on a pioneer unit. Try it and let me know what happens. Are you located off beach or atlantic?
03 F150 on 24's
HU:Pioneer DVD5700
Frt:MC57
Subs:(12)S12L7
Amps:(3)KX2500.1's, MC-2004
jvillefinest 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  

when you say ground the RCAs do you mean ground it to the car or ground them to the radio? no actually im over in orange park

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
zacdavis 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, I believe he's referring to a quick cure to a common RCA problem. However, I'm not sure this is the problem in your situation since the HU worked fine in another vehicle.At any rate, if an RCA in the back of the vehicle touches a positive lead it can "burn" the ground trace in the HU. This problem can be fixed externally by wrapping a short(6" or so) wire around the outside(ground) portion of the RCA and then connect the other side of the wire to the chassis of the HU, your essentially bridging that burned trace back to the chassis.
This is a common cure for HU's that make your subs thud and rumble when there is no music playing.(lol, in fact the clarion indash dvd in my daily driver has this problem and instead of pullin the HU apart and soldering the trace i did a quickie fix with the wire trick.)
zacdavis 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
I doubt this is the problem but i remember a system quite a few years back I had a similar problem, it ended up being the fuel pump creating the high pitch interference. I moved the physical placement of the amplifier and vu wah lah
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 5:34 PM / IP Logged  
Have we tried turning the gain down on the amp till the noise goes away?
jvillefinest 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 23, 2007 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  

:::::UPDATE:::::

Finally got the noise out. it turns out that the customers RCAs were compromised when his system was stolen out of the vehicle. it also turns out after chaning the grounds we tried just grounding them to the same spot and it came out?  

NEW QUESTION...i have always heard that you shouldnt ground multiple amps to the same spot...but in this instance it worked for the better?? anyone have an opinion on that?

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic