icon

pre start ps 2600

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the2cooks 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2007 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
I have a remote start with keyless entry and security system that was installed after the car was purchased. The system is called Pre-Start and the model is PS 2600. It was manufactured by Mobile Tech, Inc 798 Baugh Lane, Abingdon, VA 24210, 703-676-3900. I cannot find any info on the company so I assume they went out of business. My remote has gone bad (it was dropped in saltwater) and I need to get a new one. Does anyone still sell a remote for this system? Also had something odd happen yesterday when starting the car. There is no battery in the remote so it is not active. I went to start the car and it gave me the clicking sound of the starter but the car did not start. Instead, it went into this cycle where it kept trying to start the car and would not stop. I had to disconnect the battery to stop it. Now if I connect the battery the alarm goes off. Help? Do you think the 2600 is the cause of this? This has never happened before in the 10 years I have owned the car.
icarus_icarus 
Copper - Posts: 229
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  

Did you try calling them yet?

·Ï¢årµ§·
pre start ps 2600 - Last Post -- posted image.
dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 4:08 AM / IP Logged  
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
you mean pro-start?
remote model # you need is AS255LCD, it's an autostart part #
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
eric-tech 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

please relaxe guys before saying anything.  first of all as255lcd is a  new gen 2 way  remote that works on a 433mhz fm frequency.  if you do have a ps-2600  polar start or prostart, it's an old gen remote car starter.  you would need ps-160 remote that is on a 303 mhz frequency.

first step is to find the module under the dansh on the drivers side.  take a good look all around the module and write down as much info as you can and reply to me i will help you the best way i can.  if it's not one of the two just mentioned will see from there.

pre start ps 2600 - Last Post -- posted image.

Take your time, a solution is just around the corner :-)
the2cooks 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 7:12 AM / IP Logged  
I decided to replace the system. It has been working for 13 years but because of what I described in the later part of my message; I believe the system is about to go. Thank you for your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic