icon

AC/Heat Activated by Autopage 750LCD?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dabias 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2003 at 10:51 PM / IP Logged  
Can the Ac/Heat be activated by LCD/FOB once car is remote started?
If not, will leaving the AC/Heat on, so that when the car is remote activated the car will be cooled/warmed before i enter, cause excessive wear and tear to fuses and/or the battery?
I have the Autopage 750LCD.
Any ideas?
Dabias
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 4:56 AM / IP Logged  
If the remote start is installed correctly, the a\c and heat should come on when it is started. You would have to leave the climate controls on though. For the most part, everything that happens when you start your vehicle with the key should happen when the remote start is activated;ie...radio, climate controls, wipers, etc.
Dabias 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think i explained what i wanted to know correctly!
My AC/Heater works just fine. If I remote start the car I have to get in the car and turn the Ac/Heater on. I would like to be able to turn them on with the remote/LCD.
I know that i can leave the AC/Heater on when turning the vehicle off so that when the car is remote started it will come on as well. But i have been told that leaving the Ac/Heater or radio on and then starting your car can damage the fuses and/or shorten the battery life!
Is this true?
Dabias
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
I have personally never heard of that happening, but who knows. If it is true, it probably doesn't shorten the battery life by much. Anyone else heard if this?
weiweiwei 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
first of all battery is cheap anyways..
the autopage dont have any buttons u press to turn on heat or ac
just set the controls and turn off ur car and when u remote start it, the heater or /ac will be on
is the radio/cd player supposed to be on as well? i remote start it and radio doesn't stay on unless i put my key in there, once i put my key in it auto turns on...
maybe not hooked up correctly or maybe i didnt mention to installer i want the radio to be on?
and heated seats dont go on either..hmm weird..
i got a 2000 prelude
RocketRanger 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
ACC\Heater draws 20amps at the most. Compared to the greater then 200amps the battery experiences during start, the ACC\Heater is the least of the batteries worries.
Make sense? Harms the battery? Craziest thing I've ever heard!!!
A thought though, does blasting the FAN on High during car warm up actually slow warm up time by cycling cold ambient air through the heater core during warm-up? Would there be advantage to letting the car run for a couple minutes before the FAN is allowed to run?
SOL on the RS-750 AUX options..... Only a single AUX option, and you probably use it for trunk\hatch. IF NOT?
IF NOT---> Grey wire used for trunk release or anything you wish can be used for heater\ACC. There is a programming option to make it a latched on button press and off upon ignition on. (PG.16 of Install Manual)
I use the grey wire for both trunk and garage door opener. Not hard. Use the "Alarm Armed Output" to control a relay that switches between the 2 functions. When alarm is armed, button is for garage door opener. (Kinda need the garage open for remote start without alotta smoke......) When alarm is disarmed, trunk release button opens trunk. Works great!!!!
You could do the same for your ACC\Heater. Alarm armed, trunk button is for ACC\Heater. Problem is that LATCHed output sucks for trunk release solenoids. BAD!!! Lotsa smoke.
Recommend!!! Connect as intended using brown wire as manual reads. Accept the slower warmup period mentioned above.
Rocket

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic