icon

clifford alarm bad, rewire or replace?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Slammed01 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Clifford RSX 3.5 in my truck that was wired by a "professional" audio installer. When I open the door the fog lights come on/off and when I take out the key and leave the 10 min delay on (which doesnt even work anymore stays on more than 10 mins.) If I hit the dome button it acts like I opened the door and kills the radio n everything. I can even open my door and the alarm doesnt go off! Should I have it rewired by a real shop or just buy a new alarm and have a shop do it? I learned my lesson! Its all soldered I think but damn it looks like spaghetti wth. Now my remote just stopped working for no apparent reason too. I was told the brains go out on alarms alot by a shop cause they said I could buy a new brain/harness and they could wire it for $200-$250 and cover the wiring but no the brain. They want $700 for alarm/install. What should I look for and ask to help find a good shop? Thx all
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Not familiar with alarm but logic points to 3 things:- Poor power supply ie from where is it taken? Bad ground, measure voltage at alarm, should be at least 12.3v+ between power and ground, bad or wrong door contact connection. NB Some philosophy, "If it looks like spaghetti, its probably cooked" sorry I'm being stupid but those units almost never go wrong if correctly installed.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 19, 2007 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  

If you tell us where you are located their is probably someone here who can help you.  Other then that i agree with Howiie,these units don't really go bad but only if its installed correctly.  by the way, what kind of car is it?

Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
Im in the Bay Area-Nor Cal California Brentwood. Yea it was never hooked up right doors always turned off/on fogs and u could always open the door with the alarm not sounding. With all the money in my truck I want it fixed! LOL
Slammed01 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
gunna have a few shops look @ it this weekend.....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic