ultra starter problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrpx2 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  

Hi

I have a 2002 trailblazer I purchased it used a few years ago and it came with a Ultra starter already installed only reason i know this is the remote and there is a sticker under the hood warning about service mode.

I have never installed a remote and i recently brought to a friend who does install remotes and alarms because i am have alot of problems.

first problem I was having is the remote start would only work in the winter( that is ok i don't really need it in the summer) and as I was driving my horn would start beeping three times so i found out that was going into service mode because of a problem with the hood pin( I cannot find )

now my second big problem is that unit keeps just going off  with the lights and horn going off alomost like a alarm but from hat I was told there is no alarm installed I had the horn disconnected for the remote starter but my lights still go off and this on happens at night and the only way to stop it is to pull a fuse or drive the truck till the remote starts to kick usually after about 15 minutes

can anyone help me with or tell what i need to do to just stop it 

thanks     

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  

Your problem only occurs when and after  you use the remote start? Try reseting the unit. Also double check and make sure the brake wire is tied in and test it with a meter.

jrpx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
no the system will just go off in the middle of the night or early morning only time it does not go off during the day for some reason  
xtremej 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

I am having some difficulty in understanding the details of the second problem about it randomly going off at night.

jrpx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

the lights and horn(before it was disconnected) would  go off for no reason and i could not not stop it without pulling the fuse that controls the electric for the enitre vehicle

it is almost like a  alarm was set off or that the remote starter would go into panic mode and could not be turn off  

I hope that explains it better

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

did you get that hood pin fixed?

Do you have an owners manual for the unit....?

The LED should give you "some: info as to what zone was violated.

Look on the main unit under the dash and get yourself a copy of the owner's AND install manual HERE

witxp 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
If you just want to stop it then look under the dash and unplug the unit...simple as that. You could also try going to the battery if the main power to the unit is coming from there and disconnect it. But if it comes with remote unlock then it won't work either.
xtremej 
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
The first thing you need to do is identify which unit you have. Make sure you don't have an alarm/remote start combo or just a remote start. Look at the brain in the dash, it will have a model numer on it like 1250, 1270, 2250 etc.....then go from there. These are very basic units so they should be easy to figure out.
jrpx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 2:24 PM / IP Logged  

i mwill look tonight when I get home so i can pull the dash off the see what model I have

Thank You for trying to help

jrpx2 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  

I found the unit but all the part numbers are rubbed off all the unit say now is

PDL data

bypass for ast

but it looks like my unit might be a alarm and remote because there is a small led light on the unit which is not working

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic