icon

vacuum locking wiring, 1997 mk3 golf

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mmh1 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hi I need to wire my alarm to control the central locking on my mk3 Golf 1997.
The alarm is a generic alarm and the Golf is a vacuum type requiring a positive lock and unlock extended pulse.
The alarm has 6 wires to control the c/locking labelled as:
BLACK - Lock   NC (+7A)
GREEN - Lock   COM (+7A)
PINK   - Lock   NO (+7A)
WHITE - Unlock NC (+7A)
PURPLE - Unlick COM (+7A)
ORANGE - Unlock NO (+7A)
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 5:22 PM / IP Logged  
UK model, cables from passenger door:-Black and white from alarm don't use, purple and green to RED / white in door loom, pink to grey in door loom, orange to green in door loom, all visible when lower tray under glovebox is removed. A good ground is where the heater motor is grounded (brown) adjacent to door entry. N.B. This loom continues above heater box.Use an aux output set to about 15 secs make it positive via a relay and join it to the lock wire. N.B. If that's a Falcon alarm you're installing bin it it's rubbish.
mmh1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 20, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
UK model, cables from passenger door:-Black and white from alarm don't use, purple and green to RED / white in door loom, pink to grey in door loom, orange to green in door loom, all visible when lower tray under glovebox is removed. A good ground is where the heater motor is grounded (brown) adjacent to door entry. N.B. This loom continues above heater box.Use an aux output set to about 15 secs make it positive via a relay and join it to the lock wire. N.B. If that's a Falcon alarm you're installing bin it it's rubbish.
Thanks Howie,
Is the RED / white in the door loom a positive feed?
The alarm also needs an a positive input from the brakes and positive from the reverse gear for anti hi-jack and reverse beeper function would you know what wires and location to tap into?
Also where's the best place and colours for the boot/tailgate switch trigger input to the alarm?
It's a generic alarm off eBay just as a temp deterent until I can get something a lot better.
Thanks
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
RED / white in door loom is pos feed for your lock control, boot/tailgate is a BROWN / red at light unit, brake is BLACK/ red or RED / black at brake switch above pedal or rear light unit, don't know reverse colour but test a rear light unit. If I remember this loom goes along left side then swings across to right below back seat squab. Look at floor loom on left side. Some (2) wires leave this loom to go ynder pasenger front seat. The BROWN / white is your door contact. 
mmh1 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 21, 2007 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:
RED / white in door loom is pos feed for your lock control, boot/tailgate is a BROWN / red at light unit, brake is BLACK/ red or RED / black at brake switch above pedal or rear light unit, don't know reverse colour but test a rear light unit. If I remember this loom goes along left side then swings across to right below back seat squab. Look at floor loom on left side. Some (2) wires leave this loom to go ynder pasenger front seat. The BROWN / white is your door contact.
I've just fitted the alarm to the 1997 VW Golf VR6 it seems that the pulse for unlock is too long and lowers the windows due to the comfort system.
Is there a way to overcome this? The factory default is 0.7 sec with an option of 4 sec also. I have set it to 0.7sec but it still lowers the windows a little every time I unlock.
The locking system is a Positive Vacuum system. Can anyone advise me what to do?
I've wire the locks as you described except I used the extra grey wire for the lock function.
The separate Grey wire wich outputs a negative for 30sec on arming. I have used a SPDT relay to change the output to a positive for 30sec and connected it to the cars lock wire and so the autoclosure works well.
The only problem now is the unlocking causing the windows to go down a little.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic