icon

door locks, 90 ford bronco II

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
timspa2 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
90 ford bronco II  Installing an audiovox ax901 alarm remote start and i cant seem to get the power locks to work with the remote. Came with factory power locks. 5 wire reverse polarity i believe...i have seen wiring for the 4 wire reverse and the 5 wire positive but not a 5 wire reverse like i have. I know i need to send positive to one wire and ground to the other wire at the same time. Any help would be greatly appreciated as im pulling out my hair and dont have very much left as it is.Tim
Tim
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 22, 2007 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
what wires are you using as your door locks?
they are pink / YELLOW for lock and pink/green for unlock and they are behind the drivers headlight under the hood, when you cut the wire(the switch side will still show 12volt when the button in the truck is pushed in that direction(pink / YELLOW will show 12v on the switch side when the lock side of button is pushed, other half will show power if you hit the opposite side hence motor side of pink / YELLOW lock wire would show 12v when unlock is pushed on switch)5 wire reverse polarity is 5 wire positive, just gona have to string 4 wires thru the firewall to wire up locks
kola7126 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 8:35 AM / IP Logged  
These wires can be at the switch in a driver's door.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
jim hunter 
Silver - Posts: 351
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
kola the door jamb boot doesnt enter the truck thru the door jam it comes out of the door and heads up inside the fenderwell, therefore hed hAVE to drill a hole in the body of the truck and cut into the boot thereby leavingan unnecessary harness visible, all he has to do is run his 4 lock wires thru a firewall grommet out to behind the drivers headlight and connect them , no harder than running siren wires out there

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic