Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
morpheus256 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  
installmarc wrote:

chadwa2003 wrote:
My customers have had issues with the shock sensor going off at random times the techs have explained it as the shock sensor being set to closely together. After adjusting it twice it still was doing it for them. Very slow response time and the system is not the cleanest to install with harnesses coming out every which way. Trust me when I tell you that compustar will be the better system. Do you have any local compustar dealers just ask them which system they would recommend. Installmarc are you a compustar dealer or have you just installed systems that have been brought to you?

you are definitely right about the on-board shock sensors. the solution i use is an outboard shock sensor. code has addressed this by removing the on-board for this years models.

does this also apply to the CA-180? im still considering this unit the most because it offers everything that i want. since you have some experience with them as well, how is the range, im hoping it will be able to work in my underground parking and im on the 3rd floor (each floor has ~2in of concrete. after talking to a few shops, ive decided its either between compustar or code, definitely not going the DEI route.
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
To tell you the truth the range on them is pretty weak. You would roughly get about 2000ft I believe but that is straight shot distance. The 2wshsled has average range probably going to give you about what the sa-180 will. If you are looking for range you want the 2w900fmas if you can get yourself a canadian model it will give you 5000ft of range I used it in a condo through 9 floors of concrete no problems.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic