the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

new 2 way car starter problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 3:04 PM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone, my cousin got a 2 way starter and alarm from his friend, and gave me the unit, since he already has a compustar. Now, i have been messing with electronics for a while now. and when i installed this is was easy to locate wires, and all that. But the problem is, when i hook up the starter relays, power is always going to the Acc, and Ingition. If the relays are all added in, and i remove the main power fuse for the relays, power is out. The unit is sending a ground out to tell the coils to not send power, but i still got power, so is the relay defective? and thing is its some China alarm. I know "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" but this was free so might as well make use of it. Now i contacted tech support, but its all replys in half broken english. The unit doesnt have a tach wire or voltage sensing. I managed to get the car started once, but it recranks within 10 seconds. what do i do to make it stop recranking? sorry there is alot to read, but i just want to get this unit to not recrank. (dont want to damage starter)

Car: Honda Accord 95 4 door

Alarm/Starter: TLD  Model TLD-I-013

Website: http://tielaoda.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008810952310/pdtl/Car-alarm/1003522833/Car-Alarm-System.htm

Thanks to all that reply. 

MikeHusain 
Copper - Posts: 139
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 6:07 PM / IP Logged  
Not too sure what the problem is there.  If you think the relays are bad, just use your meter to test for continuity.  manualy jumper the coils and make sure they switch.  If you ask me, I would just go with a better unit.  Even though you got the unit free, you might spend some money buying another starter or other mechanical/electrical equipment.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the reply, alright, got the unit to power off. it was a bad ground from the unit. well now that i can get the damn unit to start, how do i make it stop from recranking if it doesnt have a tach input or any voltage sensing technology (cheap china things) but hey its free u know so yea. im alright with alarm only, but i want start for winter. i have a presteige starter box that has a negative input to allow start. If i wire that into the existing alarm, how does the ground output work? is it a continuous ground or is it a split second ground pulse? thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 9:26 AM / IP Logged  
FREE..... I don't think so. Whats a starter cost for your honda. NO TACH, NO VOLT sence...... are you sure this thing is supposed to start a car? How could it?
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  

The easiest way to make it stop recranking would be to get a unit with a tach or voltage sense. Aside from that...

I can't go to the link from work, so I can't tell you what the owners manual says.

tedmond 
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

hey, thanks every1 for replying. well supposably, the tech said that there is a wire called the "indicator light wire to Oil Pressure". So, i assume when the car is started, the oil pressure gauge receivers  a 12 volt source. in that case, can i just run that wire to the acc wire? because if the car starts, the acc wire would have 12 as well. please help. thanks

infiniti2007 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  
I think, you have to connect "indicator light wire" to the alternator wire(voltage sense). Test alternator wire with digital multi meters, it is 2-3 volts when the ignition to ON position and start your engine with the key, this wire is 12-14 volts, then this is the wire you're looking for.
hhh

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic