icon

maximum bass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zakives 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
i have 2 12inch dual subs in an enclosed box and i was just wondering if i would get more bass if the fiberglass was off of the front.
ZaK Ives
jl.w7 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  
No it wouldnt. The only way that it would give you more bass is if the fibreglass was rattling. What kind of amp are you running??
MECP Certified
(2)Infinity 3.5" 3012CF
(2)Infinity 6x9 9612I
(1)Sony CDXGT710
(2)MTX TC510 and,
A load of dynamat!
1982 Chevy Cavalier
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
Upgrade your subs and enclosure.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2007 at 11:35 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
Upgrade your subs and enclosure.
x2
What do you mean take the fiberglass off the front?? lol
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 12:23 AM / IP Logged  
I'm guessing he has a cheap bandpass enclosure with the plexi in front...
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
he has that $150 dollar setup that best buy tries to sell people. it has blue neon so it "looks cool"
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everybody has to start somewhere, my first system was pretty cheap. Save your money kid and listen to Stevdart, upgrade when you can afford it.
There is no such thing as free installation!
duoproductionx 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  
Its not about how much you put into it, its about finding great deals. Car audio places going out of business, will sell products as cheap as possible. Craigslist, ebay, and Crutchfield/12 volt for research. My current setup ran me 20$ sub->craigslist 150+shipping amp(compromise)->sonic electronics 150 HU->craigslist, 70 for cabling and misc->hardware stores and 40 for parts to make new box. just gotta get some components now... Anyway it sounds like an expensive setup, and everything new would have run me atleast 1500. Just become a good bargain hunter and know what you want.
97 Monte Carlo
CDA-9885, PZI Crunch 5 channel,12in MB Quart Premium.
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

Well there is an opposing point of view on this.  While I'm all for a bargain, sometimes you're better off to pay a little more in the beginning.  Buying used, closeout, or bargain site equipment can be cheap and sometimes incredible deals, but there is always the risk of something blowing and now you're up the proverbial creek.  This is an especially bad idea if you're new to the game and have a higher chance of ruining your equipment from improper setup/use etc.  Also there is the chance of buying faulty equipment from dishonest buyers.

With that said there are good deals to be had if you're smart.  I'm also a fan of buying lesser known brands that have proven track records as you won't be paying for the name and often these companies appreciate their smaller customer base and will provide good customer support.  I'm sure there are many people on here that would want to throw in your local shop as well as a good relationship with them can pay off big in the long run.

aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
in the end...you get what you pay for
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic