stop scratches

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
david_1976 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 8:05 AM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone! I'm new here.

My car get scrachs every several days by someone on purpose. I want to use this sensor to detect anybody close to my car.

Now I'm thinking of using DEI 508D motion sensor. Anyone knows it maxmum radius coverage range? My car has a total length of 4.7 meters. If I install it inside my car on the floor between two front seats. Can such installation covers from front bumper to rear bumper? What if installed on the roof inside the car?
Any other products can satisfty?

When the sensor detect motion, I want a 30 seconds 12v current(to turn a light, or run a cassette player). Can I use 'DEI CAR ALARM SECURITY 12 VOLT PULSE TIMER TIMED RELAY 528T' to receive trigger pulse from the motion sensor, then connect my circuit for 30 seconds? 

Thanks!

2000 Daewoo Leganza
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

The DEI perimeter sensor should do the trick (I have no idea the part # ) You'll hat this thing when the weather changes.... but it will do what you want.

4.7 meters..... thats funny. What kind of car? Typically you try and place these things towards the center of the car. you'll have 2 zones.A warn away zone, and a full trigger zone.

AGAIN.... when the fog rolls in... it will trigger from many feet away, when it's dry.... just the opposite.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
508d's are what your looking for, but as stated they can be a nightmare with weather changes ie fog, thunder etc....
david_1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your infomation.

My car is Daewoo Leganza(an discontinued model, so hard to get parts), the manual specifies the overall length184in/4,671mm. is that short or long?stop scratches -- posted image.

Just called DEI Canada, they told me the sensor coverage is 4 feet radius and signal cannot go through medal.

So I'm thinking of get two 508Ds, install on roof close to front and rear windshields. Will the signal intervene each other?

Must the 508D attach medal? If yes I have to 'break' my ceiling to install.

2000 Daewoo Leganza
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
you can't really stop anyone from scratching your car, even it the alarm goes off, you will still have a scratch or they could throw a rock..save your money.
hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

dude if u wanna catch a vandal set up a camera.   spy cams are sooooo cheap now.

is it happening at ur house or work>?   is it ur babys moma?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

One of these modules is bad enough..... I CANNOT imagine trying to adjust 2 of them.

USA BUILT has a great point!!

david_1976 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

Just think of another thing.

I installed a 4 sensor reverse radar a month ago. It is designed for reverse.

I'm trying to use these sensor to detect object behind at night.

I know it just cover area behind rear bumper, but it's better than nothing.

Another motivation is that I like such things.

2000 Daewoo Leganza

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic