icon

which is better? cadence or hifonics amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
im on the search for a new system. im going prolly be getting two tx cadence series 12" subwoofers (400w rms @ 2ohm.)  my question now is an amp to buy. i found two amps i kinda like. both are 600w rms at 4 ohm. i dont remember model numbers but one is hifonics and the other is a cadence. which brand has a better rep and are either of them missleading as to how much power they put out? ill get back to you with those model numbers. thanks guys
two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
jl.w7 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  

cadence sounds like a better product but you pay for that. they are alot more pricey than hifonics. model #'s??

MECP Certified
(2)Infinity 3.5" 3012CF
(2)Infinity 6x9 9612I
(1)Sony CDXGT710
(2)MTX TC510 and,
A load of dynamat!
1982 Chevy Cavalier
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 12:22 PM / IP Logged  

the hifonics is the HIFONICS ZXi6006. the cadence is the TXA-3002.

i just want to know which is the better brand and most respected and reliable. my friend told me about cadence after finding them online somewhere. i know nothing about cadence audio but he said they look decent so im just wondering which would be better. thier subwoofers look really nice, i dont really like the 9mm xmax on the tx subwoofer im planning on getting but i do want it to sound nice. i dont really care about the priceing on these i just want something nobody has around here. kinda wierd i know, but ive had alot of the other brands and have never tried either of these and want to try out their brands. thanks for any info.

two 12" cadence TXW-12S, cadence TXA-3002 amplifier, 1990 toyota celica system 10 speakers
jl.w7 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  
Definately the hifonics. been around for longer and more features. If you can get it for a good price than go with that
MECP Certified
(2)Infinity 3.5" 3012CF
(2)Infinity 6x9 9612I
(1)Sony CDXGT710
(2)MTX TC510 and,
A load of dynamat!
1982 Chevy Cavalier
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  

have u ever used or heard cadence audio? if not you opinion is appriciated but im asking people with experience.

duoproductionx 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 11:31 AM / IP Logged  
I recently got the CRUNCH PZI 5 channel. I love it. CRUNCH,MD Quart,Hifonics, MAXXSONIXX are all the same products really. Ive used alot of doodiety amps in my day, and this isnt one of em.
97 Monte Carlo
CDA-9885, PZI Crunch 5 channel,12in MB Quart Premium.
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
anyone else?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2007 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  
The Cadence amp is 1 million times better than that Hifonics junk, you guys really need to gear your responses to actual first hand experience rather than pulling opinions out of your butt. Fortunately for you I have saved a link for caraudioforum.com members only allowing you to get that amp for $129, but you better jump, and fast. But truthfully you should get the TXA-1000D, more power on tap for the future and it will wire up perfectly for a 1 ohm load that those 2 subs will wire up to.
Heres the link: http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=125
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM / IP Logged  
jl.w7 wrote:
Definately the hifonics. been around for longer and more features. If you can get it for a good price than go with that
I think you're wrong on the time frame, as well... I was selling the Cadence amplifiers LONG before I had ever heard of HiFonics.
Otherwise, the Cadence is a far better product overall, both sound quality and reliability... It'll waste the HiFonics, a product that now belongs on the Swap-O-Rama shelves. HiFonics had their day, but it's LONG since faded. Just remember, you will always get what you pay for, with few exceptions to that rule. In today's international market, cheap products are just that - cheap.
Alpine Guy is right, though... Many opinions here are based on advertisers telling them what they should like. If you had asked the better of Alpine or Sony, I'd be willing to bet you'd hear more responses for the Sony garbage.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
jonathancullen 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 8:23 AM / IP Logged  

ahhh u guys are awsome!!!!! u just saved me a lot of money on that outlet!!!!! i am so greatful for a reply. i was doubtful of the rookies and was waiting for you haemphyst to give me your opinion! thanks again.

im guessing you guys would also recommend the cadence subwoofers right? they look really nice exept the 9mm xmax.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic