icon

2008 f 150 bass options

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 10:03 PM / IP Logged  
I recently got an '08 Ford F150 Extended Cab. It does not have the factory subwoofer. I am looking to upgrade the sound system for a strictly SQ system. This is going to be a somewhat budget system, as I don't have a lot of money right now. I have everything else figured out, except for the location of a subwoofer.
This is primarily a work truck, and I can't afford to lose any space. I have seen MTX's thunderform and was impressed at the location of it (under the rear seat), just not the price. I am not a carpenter, but if I take my time, I can put together a fairly complex box if needed, but simpler is obviously better.
I have taken some measurements, but I don't have them with me now. In the meantime, does anyone have a truck similar (2004-2008 F-150 are the same body I believe) or have seen something that could give me an idea? Finally, I haven't been into the mobile audio scene for some time now, and I have no idea what options there are for 8" or 10" (I doubt 12" will fit) woofers that do well in very small spaces, can anyone give me some suggestions?
Thanks for your help everyone...
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

best stealth box i have ever head come out of that type of truck is the JL stealth box. 10w3v3 ported underneath the seat with room to spare for an amp rack.

;)

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 12:02 PM / IP Logged  

It looks like I have roughly 1 cubic foot of internal box volume (accounting for wood volume).  This does not account for driver volume. 

How much space do I need to leave between the end of the driver and the wood?  It looks like I'll have 4.5 - 4.75" from the top of the box. 

Also, what is the ratio of space that the driver "sees" per volume/weight of polyfill? 

Thanks again,

Evan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic