icon

remote start, 2001 suburban

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rizallionc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
I've seen and read the https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~50790~PN~0~TPN~4
Question, I have a Avital 4300 with a DEI 1701G installed in my 2001 Suburban. I had it done just because I don't have the time (needless to say, I should've done it myself, what a disappointment on the install job - we wont even go there).
Anyway, tonight I realized that the only door that is protected is the driver side. When I open any other door(s) including the backdoor the alarm will not activate. I have a feeling the installer used the wire for the driver side door only. Is that even possible.
How do I fix this? I want to make sure that the the alarm will "activate" any of the 4 doors or the backdoor open. This would be nice since I have the Avital set on passive door arming.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 26, 2007 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  
The remaining doors are picked up at the ECM blue/white (NEG)-
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 1:30 AM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:
The remaining doors are picked up at the ECM blue/white (NEG)-
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately I wouldn't even know where to begin to look (newbie with Chevy). Any more detailed info would be great.
Also, when you say remaining doors, will this include the back tailgate door as well? And do I connect this to the orange of the Avital 4300?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

When you drop the bottom of the dash, look under the stearing column. there is your ECM. 3 plugs facing you.

Should be in the middle plug, top row of wires on the connector, second wire from the right! ( Pin B-11 )

rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks again for the help, I found it. Now being a newbie what wire do I connect that to the Avital. Also, which one is for the back tailgate door, I noticed that wire only does the "other" 3 doors.
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 27, 2007 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan, thanks for the help.
I got it, everything works as it should now.
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
I have a problem and I dont even know how to explain it. The same thing happened to my wife couple of days ago and it happened to me tonight.
We were walking out from restaurant, I started the Suburban remotely and all was good. By the time I crossed the parking lot and got to the car, I unlocked the doors with the Avital remote then seconds later the OEM alarm (car horn) went off.
Why is this happening? Is there a wire I should check that might not be installed right?
Since this happened to my wife she now carries both remotes the OEM and the Avital. The OEM is only used just in case it happens like tonight.
Hopefully this makes sense to you all.
Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 6:55 AM / IP Logged  
You need to connect the factory alarm disarm wire(which is at the BCM, purple plug, pin B3, lt. green wire) to the alarms pulse before start wire to stop this from happening. I think the wire is Lt. GREEN/ balck on plug H2 on your alarm...
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Mike,
Thanks for that info. I looked at the install guide then also looked at what I have and sure enough you were right about the wire colors. To top it off the installer (Audio Express) doesn't even have anything connected to where the H2 harness should be plugged in, so I can't even do it myself.
I guess they purposely did that since that is the same harness for the ch. 4 and 5, who knows?
I am on my way back there in 20 mins to have them resolve this. My only question now is should I have them connect the factory re-arm as well which is the GREEN / WHITE on the H2 harness?
Thanks again to this forum and site for the wealth of info you all have for newbies like myself.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  

Did you call and explain the problem you were having with them. I am sure they can and should resolve it. It is common practice if no hook up is used for certain plugs that they not be just plugged in. I wouldn't bother with using the factory re-arm but that is ultimatley the customers decision. Could be just a mistake, it happens.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic