Alphasonic 0 [0.00%]
Audiobahn 2 [0.27%]
MTX 6 [0.80%]
You can not vote in this poll
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keviniswack 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2008 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote keviniswack

Hey whats up everyone? i'm a n00b here..... yeah i said it! NOOB! lol!

So anyways....

my favorite brand is KICKER! there old skool amplifiers are the best

and there old round solo barics.... sucks they don't make em' like they used to... Poll: Favorite Car Audio Brand, Updated - Page 12 -- posted image.

i have three of them that i got for around $100 or so on ebay and they were working great with some small defects. Except my 360.... one chan wont work but still bumps!

System:
Kicker ZR-240
Kicker ZR-360 (one channel is dead)
Kicker DX-350
Subs:
Don't have any :(
jujdred 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jujdred
This was tough.  So I bet on amplifiers.  Zapco just plain rocks the amp world.  If I had to choose head units, it would be a cross between JVC,  Eclipse,  and Alpine.  Speakers, mids and tweets,  Focal, Crystal, Lanzar, or even MB Quart.  Subwoofers. There are so many good ones out there it drives you crazy.  But around $300 you can get JBL w12GTiMkII which totally rocks or the JVC Arsenal CS-AW8240 or a Cerwin Vega Stroker.   All three are heart stoppers and sound great in my book. MA Audio is pretty good too.
Zapco pwnz!!!
jujdred 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2008 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jujdred
OH,  and I forgot Image Dynamics.  They were my first system speakers and were wonderful, until my ID Max sub blew and now am looking for an spl/sq combo to replace it.  I think JVC Arsenal Counter Strike AW8240 is the perfect fit and matches my Zapco 6.0 c2k perfectly.
Zapco pwnz!!!
jovak1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2008 at 11:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jovak1
Five stripes all the way /////Alpine best iPod interface, best sound quality, best digital amps, best flipdown, best navigation interface. Keep it simple Alpine simply the Best!!
dangerranger96 
Copper - Posts: 163
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dangerranger96
For those who scoff at Sony Xplod... yes most of their stuff is not very good but I have had Great preformance out of my head unit, but i am only running it of of the pre-outs from the cd player but i have had it for at least 6 years and not one problem cdx-m630 the first of their design with the dual screen flip out face plate (look it up) but otherwise i love JL Audio and Memphis
97 F150, Sony CDX-M630, Sony XM-2165GTX, JL Audio 12W3D2, Planet Audio VX-602, Memphis 15-MC5.7
Yeah it's a mutt, but mutts make the best dogs!
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,679
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 16, 2008 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
If you have been using a 630 for 6 years and have not had to replace the ribbon cable from the face to the motherboard, either you never change CDs or you are the luckiest man alive.  You know you jinxed yourself.  When it breaks tomorrow let me know I will get you a part number and a phone number to order the new one.
tjsiegfried 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tjsiegfried
Newbie here ... I wanted to post this question on the "Choosing an Amp" thread but it's closed. The question is about choosing the right size amp based on subwoofer RMS rating and configuration. This will be a new installation for a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS. It'll be a new purchase for both the subs and amp.
Primary Question:
for example: two 12" DVC 2 ohm (per voice coil) subs rated 500w RMS, series-parallel configuration (vc's in series and subs paralleled to amp) for a 2 ohm load to the amp.
In selecting an amp, do I need to look for an amp that can deliver 500w RMS or 1000w RMS at 2 ohms? In other words with the subs in parallel to the amp, do I add each subs RMS rating?
Also, if I have the options of getting an amp slightly below or slightly above the subs RMS rating, which is the better option? I'm thinking an amp that can deliver more than the subs RMS rating would be the better option and that I'd just need to turn down the amp gain. Correct?
Secondary Question:
Using Alpine as an example ... my budget will allow for either one 12" type X or two 12" type R's. Assuming I have the space for a two sub setup, which is better? I want good quality hard hitting bass that I can feel, but am a bit worried about shaking the car to pieces or breaking glass. I won't be entering SQ or SPL competitions ... just want great sounding hard hitting bass.
This ties back into my first question ... type R has a power range of 50 to 500w RMS while the type X has a power range of 500 to 1000w RMS. Do I add the RMS for the two type R's, meaning that I'd need a 1000w RMS amp for either setup (2-R's or 1-X)?
Thanks in advance,
Brandenbmx 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 3:41 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote Brandenbmx

JL AUDIO , for clean clear sound.

Massive Audio for breaking WINDOWS. LOL

Boston acoustics components.

Pioneer Premier Headunits.

Stinger Wires.

Optima Batterys

Is there a such thing as a single favorite brand?  I LIKE  IT ALL!

Such a hard decision....

tjsiegfried 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote tjsiegfried
Looking at some options that would fit my budget ...
Subs (one of the following four options):
two - JL 12W3V2-2 ... 2 ohm total load, 600 wrms total
two - Alpine SWR-1222D ... 2 ohm total load, 1000 wrms total
two - Hifonics B12D2 ... 2 ohm total load, 1200 wrms total
one - Hifonics OLM1612 ... 1 ohm total load, 1600 wrms total
for all options I'd go with a Hifonics mono D amp rated a little over the total sub load and the total price (subs and amp) comes out in the same ballpark (within $100).
note: I want good quality bass for daily driving
Main Speakers (6.5 comp up front, 6x9 coax in rear):
JL VR 650 CSi
JL VR 690 CXi
Boston Acoustics SX60 (front and rear)
Alpine SPX-17REF
Alpine SPR-69C
Again, I'm planning on going with a Hifonics multi-channel amp rated slightly above the speakers rms rating and the total cost (amp plus speakers) comes out about the same for either option (within $100).
Any thoughts considering that I'm not looking at the top of the line models for the subs or mains (i.e. not looking at JLW6 or W7 subs)? Or is it a case of they're all good and it just depends on personal preference?
Regarding the subs, I was originally thinking the high powered Hifonics OLM 1612 would be the way to go (looks awesome and I've read reviews saying it sounds great), but I can only afford one and the it requires the most power of all the sub options I'm considering. Also, this will be for daily driving (no plans for SPL competition). I want good quality bass I can hear and feel inside the car (Mitsubishi Eclipse) and would imagine the lower powered subs would be more than sufficient. I'm also a bit concerned about running into electrical problems running higher powered amps. The car has been sitting in the driveway for three years (just now getting title issue cleared up) so I need to replace the battery anyways (will probably go with optima) but I'd rather not have to upgrade the alternator.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated ... I'm a newbie   : )
Tim
schizophrenic 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2008 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote schizophrenic

Old School Equipment from the 80's thru mid 90's brands like

Rockford Fosgate, Soundstream, Nakamichi, Denon, PPI, Earthquake, Orion, HiFonics, ADS, Kicker, Bose raw drivers, Alpine, Clarion, MBQuart, Eminence, ElectroVoice, Bazooka and my own configerations.

Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic