Alphasonic 0 [0.00%]
Audiobahn 2 [0.27%]
MTX 6 [0.80%]
You can not vote in this poll
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrbubbles00482 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2007 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote mrbubbles00482
Lots of companies have strong points, but lack in area's also. I voted for Kicker for the subs, pretty good SQ, and a lot of spl. Ive heard lots of bad things about power acoustik, which isn't even one of the choices, but I'm loving my silver edition amps. Seems like they give plenty of power. Kicker, Hifonics, MTX amps are on my list also. Head units I lean towards Pioneer, Alpine, clarion, Panasonic. I am running a Panasonic head unit right now that hasn't had any problems what so ever. Highs and mids, Memphis, Eclipse, and then Kicker is alright. Lots of different companies with good products.
fbrglzdrmz 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2007 at 10:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote fbrglzdrmz
really like the sound of ascendant audio subs. but thats not posted here. like kicker, mtx, diamond...well i guess a lil of everything. really comes down to whether it's H/Us, speakers, subs, amps, etc..
cujo613 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2007 at 1:11 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote cujo613

My vote would be

Alpine HU

Focal speakers

Zapco amps

Image Dynamic subs

Alpine dva-7669 Alpine cva-1004 Zapco 360.4 zapco 1100.1 2 image dynamics idq v2 fifteens Alpine type r 5.25 components and 6x9's
remusrm 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2007 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote remusrm
tcss wrote:
Noisy pre amp outputs on their head units. Very average amps and speakers. Nice middle of the road name brand stuff but certainly not in the league as some of the other brands listed.
what you mean? i only use it for sub... I got pioneer 2900mp, pioneer 3200t amp and ts w251r 10 inch subs. sound ok, but my problem is the inside speakers. I can not get them to sound clean, is like a ghost, no definition and clarity? is the problem that I have 2 way speakers? I might be considering something else since I want SQL not SPL.
inflames989 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote inflames989
I have to go with kicker...I know a lot of people argue that JL and some other brands are way better than Kicker, but I love the setup that I have with only the 12inch CompVR.
haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2007 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote haemphyst
I am quite amazed by the overall runaway status of the Alpine... Also commentable (and lamentable, for me, really) is the fairly dismal appearance made by Eclipse. Although 5th of 35 isn't terrible, (that's an 85-percenter) I just thought MAYBE a better following! It only beat Pioneer by one vote, which means we AREN'T doing our jobs! Poll: Favorite Car Audio Brand, Updated - Page 5 -- posted image.Poll: Favorite Car Audio Brand, Updated - Page 5 -- posted image.Poll: Favorite Car Audio Brand, Updated - Page 5 -- posted image.
Intersting, and completely non-scientific! Poll: Favorite Car Audio Brand, Updated - Page 5 -- posted image.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
I figured more people would have voted.  Maybe if we could get it moved to right below the what is a proper ground post, we might get a few more people to vote.
hardwarz 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2007 at 10:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hardwarz

Um, I voted for my fav head unit, but speakers amps and Subs, I have different fav.

I love Pioneer Head Units, Phoenix Gold Amps, Boston Acoustics front seperates, Boston Acoustics CoAx for the rears and JBL Subs.

Hardwarz

donpisto 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2007 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote donpisto

Hmmm, several intriguing brands over there, though several I failed to see like DLS, Morel, Seas, Scan Speaks, Hertz, Audison, etc.

I personally cannot say I'm a fan of one single company because there are drawbacks to each to my own tastes. Some companies only produce speakers while others produce amps. Some that produce both make great speakers and amps, but one or the other doesn't appeal to my tastes. I'm surprised nobody voted for Aura.

djdowdell 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2007 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote djdowdell

tcss wrote:
Somebody voted for SONY?!?!?!

Hey some of their head units have high voltage output for less cash, even higher than some of the big guys like pioneer and alpine! I found this out after doing a spec comparison for my sq car in Crutchfield. I always wondered why my stereo wasn't as loud when I replaced my Xplod with a Pioneer, lol! I cant believe Aiwa is in the list! Its a hard poll b/c a lot of these guys dont make head units so go figure. I voted A/D/S but I like Eclipse head units (even though customer service and repair times are crap!)

Pure Noize
Page of 17

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic