the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

electrical interference on power cables?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2007 at 3:22 PM / IP Logged  
Guy found out that they were 4 grand a pair and almost CHOKED lol. Dan have you ever done a big job (deck, amps, comps, sub box ) on a 360 Modena? Anything I should watch out for?
There is no such thing as free installation!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2007 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  

I have some experience with those cars. It's a standard Benz type radio plug. I use blue painters tape around the radio opening as the dash is extremeley prone to sractches and getting a new dash would be a financial nightmare.

The doors are tricky to remove, and equally so to put back on. They are essentially hand made so lining up screw holes can be frustrating (many are "hidden"). Also the door handle cable is tension set, so that has to be readjusted and that usually takes two people. 

Getting from the front cargo area is fairly straight foward, I believe there is a large grommet near the battery. If you are doing a sub, which almost Ferrari owners go for, the space between the two seats usualy has an enclosure for two 5" subs, but if you are confident in fiberglassing, I have seen a beautiful enclousre with a single 8" wraped in factory Ferrari leather! (I may still have the picture some where) 

Now if I remember correctly, these cars have a complicated factory alarm/immobilizer that will lock up if power is lost, so...be sure not to disconnect the battery or let it go dead. Other wise a trip to the dealer will ensue.

The previous shop I worked for had a Ferrari tech come over after hours to assist him, it was money well spent, as he also did Passport front and rear laser/radar detectors, which meant the front bumper was removed!! (that was scary)

Good luck! Sorry.

digdug has officially been thread jacked!

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2007 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
Depending on who's doing the threadjacking, sometimes it's an honor!  electrical interference on power cables? - Page 2 -- posted image.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2007 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, Dan that's pretty much what I figured. The real tip was not disconnecting the battery, saved my azz. I going to put (2) JL 8" W3V3s in a custom glass enclosure behind the pass seat. Alpine PDX 1.600 and PDX 4.100 bi-amping a cheaper set of Focals. Will show the car at a Cal. Ferrari show in Avila Beach in October.
There is no such thing as free installation!
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2007 at 12:44 AM / IP Logged  

stevdart wrote:
Depending on who's doing the threadjacking, sometimes it's an honor!  electrical interference on power cables? - Page 2 -- posted image.

Why, thank you sir!

Good times Bob, the prior installs we either used Rainbows or Focals, but the Focals really shined, they were the top of line ones (right before the BE series) with the chrome baskets, that midbass was so punchy, and those tweets were damn precise.

Better have some pictures up for this install! 

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic