viper 5900 2 cars on one remote

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thpllc 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I am a consumer that is trying to figure out how to control two cars on one Viper 5900 remote.

I have two cars, each with the 5900 installed.  The installer tried to program the remotes to work the primary car as well as the secondary car, but it seemed to just default to the remote controlling both cars simultaneously.  I was told it could be done and that was the reason that I purchased the systems for both cars.

Does anyone know how to do it?  I get the impression the installer has no clue.  Is this something that a consumer can program?

I also have a question about crank time.  It seems like mine is too short on my car (it won't turn over on a cold start, only if the car has been warmed and running using the traditional method.  Is there a way to change the crank time?

Thanking you in advance.

basmoq 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 8:13 PM / IP Logged  
sir, all answers to your questions can be found in your install manual. Yes, the crank time can be adjusted for this system. As for the two cars one remote thing, I've never heard of it, but if it's possible, they will at least mention it in your manual.
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2007 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged  
The crank time can be adjusted but only on tachless mode if im not mistaken.  If a tach signal was used then you changing the setting would'nt do anything.  Specify what car do you have.  It may be possible that your car has two starter wires like Nissan Vehicles and the installer did not integrate properly.  The second starter wire is used to give the car extra power to turn over the car and is more effective during the winter.  As for the one remote programmed  on two cars I would think it would'nt work but hey I never tried it.
thpllc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  

I didn't have an install manual when I posted the question.  I did some research and found the manual on your website.  Thanks for making that recommendation.

thpllc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 02, 2007 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

I took my cars back to the installer (as I am a consumer).

The installer increased the crank time and also programmed the individual remotes to work with the other car.

From what I understand, different keys are being used on a different channel which allows me to arm and disarm the second car.  I didn't try to have the remote start feature enabled on the second car b/c that looked more difficult.

So, it can be done ladies and gentlemen.

Thanks again for all your help.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic