the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

pioneer navigation w/voice commands

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 6:21 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone know anything about navigation systems that intigrate a display "and" accept spoken commands. I have heard that Pioneer has one but don't know if they're any good.
What about Alpine, or other makes. Perhaps it's better to just choose between either - or. Any info will be appreciated.
Thanx
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

I had the  pioneer avic 90 dvd navigation along with the 6300 in-dash monitor/cd player.  I really liked it.  The navigation responds well and also allows you to controll all your sources--fm tuner, cd , cd changer, etc by voice.  I stil have the nav, just upgraded to indash dvd monitor--which no longer allowes for voice activation.  You can buy the nav and indash monitor as a package, they are really built around one another.  hope this helps.

-Cythe

csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 24, 2003 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you for the info. I have however read about the avic90 that the logic it uses can sometimes take you 5 miles out of the way to get you started on a route, ignoring the fact that an entry point might be up the block. Perhaps you can comment on its accuracy and ease of use. Appreciated very much
IronCy 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 6:52 AM / IP Logged  

I love mine----you are going to get "misleading directions" with any navigation system out on the market right now.  I haven't had many major issues as far as routing goes---but I just use it here locally.  The one major feature that I like is that you can enter in a buisness telephone number and it will pull up directions to its location---which is a lot faster then typing it in.  Overall, I would give it an 8 out of 10.  Also word is, that later pioneer will allow you to download local area maps from the nav dvd disc to a pc card which will allow you to remove the nav dvd and play movies while still having nav info being read off of the pc card.

-Cy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic