icon

jl audio 12w7, box?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
steveskal 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 10:17 PM / IP Logged  

I just picked up one of these killer speakers and want to put it in a ported box. I'd really like your guys opinions of the boxes on E-bay being sold for these woofers. They are pretty cheap (around $65) and they appears thick enough and say they are built to JL Audio's specs. The Prowedge boxes are sweet but all of them are sealed enclosures :-(  Your thoughts.

ps. I'll be using a JL Audio 500/1 Monoblock amp.

THANKS!

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  

I looked at the jl website and dowloaded the owners manual.  pdf  It gives the recommended ported enclosure.

I am leary of e-bay, perhaps they are well built boxes, but shipping and not knowing a 100% that it is a suitable box kills the deal for me. JL makes a HO box that is ported.

tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2007 at 11:15 PM / IP Logged  
Can't buy the HO box without the woofer. Listen to Dan, have a pro build you a box from JL's websight. Iv'e built plenty of these and they sound great
There is no such thing as free installation!
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  

im not sure if anyone else has, but i installed one of the boxes off ebay fora 10w7 and i was fully impressed with how well it was built. It was a sealed box but the internal bracing in it was what suprized me. it was actually alot better then some of the boxes i had seen my installes make. especially when the guy told me what he payed for it.

just like anything on ebay its a risk...just go by the pics and what previous customers have said.

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic