icon

usaci world finals 2007

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone planning on popping in and saying Hi this year?    I will be there all weekend for yet another stressful years end. Hoping to walk away with my first world championship, and maybe to get my world record back, it was broke abou a month after I set it!
USACi finals will be in Omaha NE this year at the quest convention center November 17th and 18th.   
There will likely be a nice little party goin on at my room in the Hilton on the night of the 16th and 17th
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 04, 2007 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Can't afford the vacation.... BUT... Good luck Jeff.... And, Team Loud and Clear!!!
tholton33 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
that is the weekend of my birthday and i couldnt think of anything better than the world finals to help celebrate! i am going to try and be there by the 16th maybe ill look you up. if u pm me ur room number ill help u celebrate!
Tyler
Kcautosound 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2007 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
I'll be checking it out. A shame that it's not in KC this year but the show has been slowly dying here. I remember just a few years ago the mass of vendors and crowds. The F'n construction has been killing the show I think. Nobody wants to go to a place that you simply just can't find decent parking.
I have family that live in Omaha so I have a place to sleep for the night.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2007 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  
KC has been dying off.   I have been going to spectate since 2000, and I remember the huge crowds then.   Heck when Meghan my girlfriend ran in 2005 there were about 10 people in just her class, last year I think I only had 5-6 in mine.   The attendance of competitors is going down...but were hoping with a change of venue, and with the new street beat format really taking off, that finals will be alot bigger this year.
I will make another post as we get closer to finals, so I can let people here know when and where I should be at
2007 World Record
techn0 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys.  I am trying to gather information on the new location for world finals this year.. I am too used to KC.

ok so what hotel are all the competitors staying in this year?  Is there going to be a USACi sanctioned party in the nights?  Are non competitors going to be allowed to attend?

Any additional info would be appreciated.  I need to get rooms rsved.

I was also wondering if anyone knows if the iMAX at the zoo played Hollywood movies.  I thought about trying to check out Beowulf in iMAX 3D if they were playing it.

Thanks

Chris
TEAM TECHN0

tholton33 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2007 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  
i am not going to be competing, i am pretty new to this its only my first year competing but i wanna some watch the big players in the game. and get to know some people and hopefully pick up some tips. ya i need to get my rooms reserved too. let me know of any parties maybe ill even have one in my room if its not too far away haha. any info would help me out too. thanks
Tyler
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the long delay, been working on getting loud!
The host hotels are the Hilton, which is connected to the qest center. and the doubletree hotel, which is like 4 miles away...this is also where the after party is.
Info can be found here.
http://www.soundoff.org/unified_finals/
After Party is open to anyone, but thier might be a charge for non competitors, there was last year.
I think the page above has about all the info you could need.
Alright back to working on stuff!
2007 World Record
outtaluck72 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 9:42 AM / IP Logged  
I'm wondering why Nebraska? out of all the states you could pick from why did Nebraska come up? I'm not complaining, this will be my first visit to the finals so I'm excited to see the monsters of the bass world.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
Had to pick somewhere centralized in the US.   Also needed to look at local shop/manufacturer support.
There are 2 shops with a total of about 4 locations that have been holding shows all year long to pump up the area and get ready for the worlds largest car stereo event.
Finals take alot of money to put on so also need the support from local companys in the 12 volt industry to purchase booths, and sponser things like trophies and such.
We will see how much of a change we see from KC.    I have been attending in KC for the last 7 years either as a spectator or competitor, and it has been declining very very much over the last few years.   It was time for a change and Omaha NE was a choice that was on the table.
2007 World Record
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic