icon

the best navigation and the cheapest??

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigmikeww 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  
i just want to know what you guys think is the best navigation system and also what is the cheapest??
csorb 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2003 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
I have looked into quite a few nav systems, although the search still goes on. It seems that a new system called the Vcommand which has no display and works by voice recognition, is a pretty good bang for your buck, at about $1200.00. It is supposed to be a pretty cool machine.
The Blaupunkt single din unit sells for only about $800.00. It happens to be very acurate and easy to use except that it is cd-rom based and has a small monochrome display.
It seems that Alpine is still the king and is actually a lot more affordable now than ever before when used with the new TME-M580 5.8" display. Should come to about $2000.00 total.
Good luck
F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Checkout the Pioneer Nav. Very nice! The one I will get when I have nothing better to do with my $$$.
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
If you must have a screen based system the Pioneer is good, but it is not cheap. The best one hands down and is very inexpensive is the VCommand voice recognition navigation. I use mine every day and sell them also. They go for under a grand down here in Florida. Very accurate and so easy to use. Screen based systems require you to look at a screen when using them. The VCommand is totally hands free. As far as I am concerned it is the best going right now.
DanDan

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic