usa spec gm45 ipod interface chevrolet

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rizallionc 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
I just got a USA Spec GM45 iPod Interface which looks like this
usa spec gm45 ipod interface chevrolet -- posted image.
My question is what wire can I connect the power to so it stays on when I turn the ignition off just like the radio then turn off once I open the door? Or do I even have to worry about that since nothing is noted in the instructions regarding power. Would it get the power from the harness that plugs in to the radio?
http://www.usaspec.com/ipod_product_sheets/pa11-gm45.pdf
Also, any ideal place I can install this unit at. I don't have it yet so I have no clue how big or small it is and placing it under my seat will not be an option. I was thinking about placing it under the center console but afraid to screw it down.
Any thoughts?
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 11:41 AM / IP Logged  

I use these pieces all the time. They work great and are priced right. There is generally not enough length in the cable from the radio to the brain to route it that far. I almost always locate it behind the radio. EIther zip tied or screwed down. The brain is tiny, no more than 2.5" by 2.5".

No need to worry about power, it is in sync with the radio, so as long as the radio is on, so will this device be.

The only pre install setup includes flipping a dip switch if a) you change iPod modes from hybrid to direct (hybrid is the way to go) b) if you need to use the aux input on the device.

Good Luck!

rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:
The brain is tiny, no more than 2.5" by 2.5"
Wow I didn't realize it was that small.... now what did you mean by a switch. I was thinking about using the rca inputs for either my xm or dvd.
Thanks.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 1:29 PM / IP Logged  

There are dip switches on the side of the unit that correspond to modes, and aux input setups. There are four of these dip switches on the side, and I believe that number 1 corresponds to the aux input function. You must refer to your manual as each car and brain will be slightly different. it is very easy and straight forward.

You can get an idea of how small the unit is by the size of the iPod cable end.

rizallionc 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2007 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. Once I get it in Im sure it's easy like you said.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic