icon

2006 ford f 150 heated seats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  
I guess you were NOT kidding about astro's product on that other thread. Simply speaking, the astro features, products, and design are still behind on DEI's products.
back in ~1998 when DEI came out w/ viper 550esp, the features were already there w/ what you described. Until today, the latest redesign/upgrade of 550esp is the 5900sst is prolly the most versatile unit there is. I think youre missing out on the features of what DEI have to provide. Yeah astro prolly got some cool gadgets for installers to use but DEI only need the Bitwriter(Multitest equivalent) to control the features.
The analysis can be generalized on another level to why DEI's products are so superior through a new thread. If you create one, I bet you I can convince you to use and install DEI products.
Not bash astro's products but most of their bypasses are rebadged of Trixlogics and prolly Peripheralelectronics' products.
KarTuneMan wrote:

Astro's info is proprietary.....sort of. The remedy to some of the typical issues, "their way" of doing something, is geared for the features that astro products have. Example....some heated seats. latched outputs x's 2. (programable from 1 second to 8 min.) Multiple ground while running. (programable) One for bypass, and another to break the wiper wire.

Then again, they are a tad behind in the bypass area. This will be a benefit of the relationship with DEI.

Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  

Pretty soon I won't have a choice...... DEI will soon consume Astro.....chew them up, then spit them out as a DEI clone.   Hornet, Sidewinder Python, Automate ....etc. etc. etc.

I like the Astro product, the most durable unit's ever, in 7 years, one failure.... MINE! and that's that. I have installed them ALL.... for nearly 20 years. I'm simply saying I have MY preferance, like all of the DEI, and Compustar fans. They, like you, have their own opinion. 2006 ford f 150 heated seats - Page 2 -- posted image.

sonoma4x42000 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the fast reply. I'll try it out tomorow, so can you turn on low or high? Thanks again.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic