Best £200 - £250 sub ???

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Steve West 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Ive been looking around for Sub and Amp reviews for ages on the net and there seems to be bugger all out there.

Ive been looking around the popular brands checking out the spiel and stats they've been quoting and they all seem near enough the same. Im quite keen on a pair of 12" Infinity Kappa subs. Obviously a pair of JL Audios would be nice but im on a budget.

Does anyone have any experience in what they're like? Good, crap?  Can anyone name me some alternatives ?       Cheers all out there

esmith69 
Gold - Posts: 1,511
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 11:09 AM / IP Logged  
The Kappas are actually pretty good. I've heard them a few times and they sounded pretty clean and they'll hit hard if you want them to.  The Kappa Perfects are even better but those get kinda pricey, but worth the money if you have it.  You might want to, if possible, visit a store near you to listen to the different models and compare them, although I know a lot of times this isn't possible for lots of people.  I think crutchfield still does free return shipping so that's something else to think about too.  Kicker and audiobahn make some good subs too, and they're less expensive than JLs. 
F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
Not many people run 'em anymore, but Ive always had good experience with ported Cerwin Vega's. Download the pdf manual from the site and checkout the Vega series subs. If its done correctly, you wont be sorry. Very economical and efficient sub!
Otherwise, for small sealed enclosures, I recommend the ImageDynamics IDQ series.
Max bass go for IDMAX.
F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I see some guys ARE still runnin Vega's ---
This is from another topic posted tonight:
GlassWolf writes:
www.wickedcases.com/house/
the Jeep is getting re-worked. I got tired of all teh kids thinking they need 5,000 watts of power for a loud system, so I'm building up the grand cherokee for the 250W class and may take it to a few events this Spring.
I'm going to dampen the whole thing in a bit, then use my old Orion 2125SX to drive the whole system.. heheh
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components in front, Reference 652i rear fill, and two Cerwin-Vega LE-12D 12" DVC subs. 62.5W RMS per driver on mids/highs, 250W RMS per sub, all controlled with passive crossover networks I'm building. Should be fun. there are pics on the same site I mentioned above.
Dan M C 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 3:32 PM / IP Logged  
You can also check out a/d/s/ line of subs,i have 2 of the rs.2 series (aluminum) in a sealed box and it rocks.
Best £200 - £250 sub ??? -- posted image.
Steve West 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: February 23, 2003 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

Nah ill be going for the Kappa Perfects for sure over the norm Kappa's. If it comes to spending the extra £50 extra for something bettter that won't leave me with that "oh i could have got" feelin.

I think id have to be spending close to the same amount on Cerwin's for the performance of the Infinity's. Shame i can't same the same about there amps, very impressive.

Vega 3200 and 3204, Mmmmmm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic