< Prev Topic Next Topic >
usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 12, 2007 at 3:40 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone ever do a Parrot in one of these, any info appreciated..thanks
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 20, 2007 at 3:50 PM / IP Logged  
P.M. Howie ll
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

05 is pretty straight forward if vehicle has standard Becker unit with no amplification. Use Becker keys to remove radio or remove side switches and unscrew 4 x T20 torx screws.Whole panel will come out. 05 will have ISO plugs which are compatible with polly but turn around ign. and batt. (acc and perm are set up like VW and Peugeot in the wrong positions, check this). Use the yellow mute lead from polly. If the car has an amped system (unlikely) just mute the head unit and use a Nokia or Mota etc speaker from one channel of the output. place mike on top of steering wheel  cowl, as getting around and up the "A" pillar is a mustard.

PS if phone has a Sim eg T Mob, AT &T store numbers to phone or Parrot wont synch, don't use this kit with an "N" series Nokia, again we can't seem to load the phone contents.

usabuilt 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 10:30 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks Howie, I asked around and my Parrot distributor basically blew me off, I then heard a interface is comming out that retails for $900.00 after sema..So I told the Porsche guy to call me in January..
So from what you are saying you cannot interface the OEM Speakers??
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2007 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry, didn't explain myself too well. If Porky has a "standard" Becker radio, then the speakers will not be amplified and providing the Pollies you get over there have ISO leads, that Becker unit will have the same, so its plug and play. If Porky has a double din PCM ( they now call a head unit Porsche Communication Centre) with SAT Nav, then it's amplified and the best bet would be to run a single spare speaker under dash of the type that come with Nokia Moto Erric kits etc.  and attempt to mute the amp (only way to do it).  The interface at $900 should give you steering wheel control of phone but unless it's the PCM unit I doubt if the phone book etc are transferred to the head unit. An English manufacturer makes control interfaces for Parrot for late BM and M/B but not Porsche, giving steering wheel control they cost here about $200. Another option on Euro cars with non-standard connectors is the SOT lead,Basically a breakout lead to the Parrot's leads from the factory lead to the factory radio, I used one yesterday on a new 3 series and it worked perfectly, they cost us about $40.

PS European cars with the exception of Ford and BMW all used ISO connectors and replacement head units from JVC to Alpine all come with the correct reverse connectors on a cable of about 8" from their proprietory plugs. The convention with ISO's was that at one end of the power plug was Ground and Ignition (ACC) in the middle was 12v+Perm, all on certain pins. The French (Peugeot and Citroen) and the Germans, VW/Audi changed the perm and acc positions thus when you install a Parrot you have to check this and change around the leads marked battery and ignition. Now of course all the Europeans are using MOST plugs, = more SOT leads. NB Parrots have an issue with N 70 series Nokias, they won't load the phonebook, if customer has one of these I would suggest the CK 15 kit from Nokia. Yes I have a Parrot 3200 in my car for one of my phones.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic