the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

avic d3 parking brake

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 13, 2007 at 4:08 PM / IP Logged  

I have two questions concerning unit. The instructions say hook the brake wire to the supply side of the parking brake. I put the unit in a 2003 Infinity G35 sedan. The parking brake switch only have one wire. This wire measures 12 volts when brake is not engaged and ov or ground when parking brake is engaged. However unit is still saying there is an improper connection. I have read it must go through calibration to know that it is actually hooked to the correct wire. The other question was, I have read that you should hook the mute wire to the brake..it made no sense to me, but you never know.

MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
kassdog 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2007 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Just remember that is illegal and not safe and shouldn't have been mentioned.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 14, 2007 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
i agree with kassdog... plus, it doesnt make any sense to hook it up that way because either way, you would have to be parked with your ebrake on.. meaning that you are going less than 10mph... b/c it is really not smart to drive with your ebrake on.
Just my .02
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
meh66 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 15, 2007 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks...I am not going to violate any safety precautions. I was just curious as to what they meant by connecting those wire together. How about my first question....hooking up the brake wire. Is the unit expecting to see a change in voltage?
MEH66
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 16, 2007 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
I a not really sure about the first.... try connecting the negative lead of your DMM to the ebrake wire, and the positive to a 12v source... this way you will know for sure if the ebrake is showing ground when it is engaged. If so, then I would just check the connection behind the radio to make sure it is also showing a ground. If all connections are good, then go into the system menu, hardware, then connection status and check the parking brake connction in the unit.
HTH
Kenny
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
meh66 
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks all...the connection was good as it had to calibrate.
MEH66
tjsaudionewport 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2008 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  

i am having problems with

when the navigation is on and the radio is on in the background after a little time (no any amount of time ) but the audio for the radio cuts off and he only way i can get it back on is unplug power and replug it back in and then hitting the reset button.

now here is the stanger part ,if i plug the ipod i hear music as well as well as if i put a movie in (mean ing that the internal amp is still working and i can here the dings from pushing the touch screen ,

it is acting like when it goes it to the interupting talk mode for directions it freezes up the audio source on the radio and never resets back to radio .

any clues out there ???:confused: .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic