icon

Aftermarket doorlock problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
achang7 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Hi i'm installing alarm and aftermarket doorlocks for a 94' Jeep Cherokee. I need help with wiring relays. For the doorlocks i also added a switch for driver to easily unlock doors, i used 2 relays one for lock and other unlock with pin 87 & 85 to +12v constant, pin 87a to chassis ground, pin 86 to (-)alarm output and wire for the switch, pin 30 to actuator. The switch has 3 pins the ends hooked up to pin 86 of the relays and the middle pin is connected to chassis ground.
I checked the wires many times and they are good, the strange problem i'm having is the switch works fine but the alarm works but doesn't lock or unlock car. But i noticed if i switch pin 86 with pin 30 from the relay, the alarm works locks and unlocks doors but now the switch doesn't work. Can someone help me solve this puzzle to make both switch and alarm work for the aftermarket doorlocks. Thanks in advanced.
GMC4x4Guy 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2003 at 1:46 PM / IP Logged  
The way you had it before you switched #86 and #30 is the right way to have it. Use a multimeter to check every wire again and look for loose connections. When you switched #86 and #30, did you switch everything on each of those terminals, like the switch wire and the alarm trigger wire changed locations to #30 and your actuator switched to #86? #86 is a coil wire and I'm trying to think of what could have went wrong to make it work at all this way.
wiremadness 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2003 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

Go with your original diagram,  & apply ground through the switch to pin 86 (alarm negative lock on one relay, alarm unlock on the other relay)

This will make the switch work, and not run any current throught it!

achang7 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2003 at 5:02 AM / IP Logged  
my bad it was just the wire from the alarm was crimp to hard or i forgot to strip it, i don't know it was just not conducting, but its all good now, finally fixed it the next day, sorry for the late reply, been very busy, thanks for the help

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic