jl audio 250/1 amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
94hdelsol 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

Whtas up people,..

Ok this is the deal.  i have a JL Audio 250/1 amp pushiing 2 8x3v2-D4's.  i've has this system for like 6 months and everything has been running fine until today.  I was working fine until my subs quit working.  I checked the amp and there was no light on any of the 3 indicators ( power-thermal-and low ohms)  I then saw a faint red light come on the off like quick then for a 8 min do the same... I mind you its real faint.  Then then turned on the car and I used a test light to see if i was geting any power to the amp.  I checked the "power" and my test light came on then checked the remote "turn-on" and it was like 3x brighter then the power terminal.   I then checked the inline fuse near the battery and took it apart wires and all and reinstalled it. Still nothing.  So i checked the trouble shoot guide in the manual.  It stated that I can 'jump" the "+12" wire to tthe "remote" and see if the amp turns on.  Well i did that and it came onfor 4 seconds then turned off.  It will then repeat itself.  Whe it comes on I can hear the subs come on for the 4 sec moment

So I dont really know what to do now.  And affraid of messin with it more.  So I'm asking for your guys help on this.

Thanks for taken the time to read this problem

94hdelsol

jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
If the remote terminal is getting more power than the 12+ terminal, then you've got a loose connection on your power wire somewhere. How is it connected to the battery?
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
ya boy mike 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 10:07 AM / IP Logged  
The fuse could be bad, even though it looks fine, did you replace it? If not try that maybe. Did you check your ground?
It Hz
94hdelsol 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  

I havent checked the fuse, wire, or ground but will sometime today.  I will keep your guys posted. Thanks you guys

94hdelsol

ps The 4gauge power wire is connected  to the battery with inline fuse.  i used an "round" connecter type connection not a "spade type"

sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
Use a multimeter then we will all know how bright three times brighter is.
94hdelsol 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  
Well fella's I look and checked everything.  Its the inline fuse at the battery terminal that was giveing me the problem.  I changed it and its good as new.  I would like to thank you guys for the help and 'sarcomax'  I took your advice and bought myself a $85 mulrimeter.  it was the cheapest one I can get.  you guys are the best.  Again thanks
jmelton86 
Gold - Posts: 1,228
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 6:29 PM / IP Logged  
Radioshack, $20. I hope that one is flashy or something.
2013 Kia Rio -90a alternator
DDX470HD GTO14001 GTO1014D (x3)
Big3 in 1/0G
1/0G to GTO14001
94hdelsol 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2007 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

Ya I work at a car dealer and needing a new mulitmeter so when the "Snap-on" man came I had to get it,.. there are ones for like $200 but thats why too much. The one I got is pretty sweet and all.

Thats people again.

sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 18, 2007 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  
glad you got it figured out!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic