icon

protocol power window kit, 03 dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ta6point6litre 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2007 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Protocol Universal Power Window kit into a 2003 Dodge Dakota. I have the main power going to the battery and the ground on the frame of the dash right by the fuse panel. Keeps blowing fuses when I roll windows down. Also does anyone know the correct wire to tap into for main power accessory? So the windows only operate when the key is on. I know that on my Chevy S10 in the fuse panel there are several accessory taps but I can't seem to find anything like that on this truck.
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2007 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Spal power window conversion kit into a full size Ford pick-up.
You need a good ground point and I used relays to make it so it could be used only with ignition on and the switch lights illuminated with parking light switch. It blew a fuse once because when I wired passenger switch I reversed two black wires. But after I swapped then it was fine.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic