icon

03 impala gmdlbp keyless won't work

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jherrick 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2007 at 7:37 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Impala base model, and today installed a Crimestopper CS-201x alarm/rs and a Bypasskit GMDL-BP.  I don't need any of the alarm features, so I left out a number of those hookups.  All went well, and everything works except for the keyless entry.  It will not lock or unlock my doors.  The car has factory keyless, so I know that isn't the problem.  I know that the signal is being sent to the bypass, as I can see the LED light when it is supposed to be locking or unlocking the doors.

I have tried Platform Type 1, 2, 3, and 4.  On all types, the car will remote start.  On all types, the keyless will not work.  I have set the bypass options to both Driver Priority and to Unlock all, but no difference.

On the RS, there are 2 plugs that can be used to send the lock/unlock; the blue 4-conductor plug that is designed for external Crimestopper databus doorlock adapters, or the white 3-conductor plug that sends the + or - pulses in normal usage.  I have tried connecting to both of these (not at the same time), and they both cause the bypass to act the same.  It receives the signal from the RS, and the LED lights, but the doors do not respond.

Does anyone know why this is, and has anyone installed one of these on a 2003 Impala base before?

Thanks.

Jim

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
Not sure what version instructions you have, but this should be on them:
IMPALA LS 5 5 5 5 5 5 (TYPE)
TYPE 5: Passlock 2 and Passlock 3 Bypass Only (No Doorlock Function)
It isn't going to do the doorlocks, just use a resistor.
jherrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2007 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

Wow.  Mine DO NOT have that.  On the List of models and years that this will work for, it lists the '03 Impala LS, but then under the Step #1, Vehicle Platform Type Selection mode, it doesn't even list the Impala.  I just went with the same as the Alero, etc. at 2.  All right, I guess I will dish out the $40.00 for the GM-SL2.  Crimestopper's website says this will work.  Are they right?

NowYaKnow, thanks for the quick reply.

Jim

dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

http://www.idatalink.com/manuals/ADS-DLSL-GM.pdf   try this .works

GMDL-BP will not do the locks 

dragon
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
if you use the ADS-DL there's special firmware for the impala/monte carlo.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
jherrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2007 at 5:23 PM / IP Logged  

I am not an installer, just shadetree stuff here, and I am not finding the ADS-DL anywhere online.  Does anyone have any information on where I could find it?

Thanks.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2007 at 5:28 PM / IP Logged  

A rel="nofollow" href="http://www.idatalink.com/viewprod.asp?catid=2&pid=15" target="_blank">http://www.idatalink.com/viewprod.asp?catid=2&pid=15

03 impala gmdlbp keyless won't work - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
davids604 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Hey,
I'm new to this stuff, but I'm going to install a keyless entry/trunk/starter/window roll-ups/alarm system into my 2003 Impala 9C1, it's an old police vehicle but I think it's all the same other than the siren and flasher wiring.
For the unlock/lock function of the power locks, I've found on another forum that you ground the wire colored ORANGE / black with a 470ohm resistor to lock, and ground directly to unlock. This wire can be found at the gray 24-pin plug at the BCM. I haven't confirmed this, but I will when I install the system this weekend. I'll let you know if this works.
You should be able to get it working with the switching grounds when you lock/unlock.
Good luck.
Dave.
jherrick 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2007 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

Dave,

Thanks for the input on the resistor. 

I have seen on this forum where that is the way to do the doorlocks "manually".  I want to do them through the Databus, so I am going to go with the GM-SL2.  I can't find the ADS-DL listed for sale anywhere online, or I may consider it.  I can get the GM-SL2 for $40.00 shipped, so that makes the most sense to me.

davids604 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 1:38 AM / IP Logged  
Oh cool, I see, through the databus, haven't heard about it yet, that sounds pretty sweet! Seems pretty complicated. I'm old skool, gonna do it the old fashioned relay way.
Good luck!
$40 isn't bad at all, I'll have to look into it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic