icon

Head Unit Help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
krnboix85 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

I had a Rockford Fosgate RFX9200 head unit removed from my old car and installed into my new one.  It has a motorized head unit that comes down to put the cd in.  But now, the 'cd open' button doesn't work when i press it so the motorized face doesn't come down to let me put a cd in.  Is it possible that something was wrong with the installation or wiring to make this happen?  Were there any shorts or anything that could make this happen?  I want to know if i should try and fix this or buy a new one.  I'm open to all ideas that could have caused this to happen. Thanks.

F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
If your unit has a reset function or button, refer to your owners manual on how to reset it or simply press the button and see what happens.
Does the head unit work at all, radio or plays the cd?
It may be possible that you crossed the memory and constant powers. This could cause a malfunction.
krnboix85 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
yeah right now it turns on, but there's no sound...i think the wires might be crossed or something for the speakers..what does the reset button do? i see a reset sign next to a button looking thing, but it doesn't push or anything..i'll try and figure it out
F4Pilot 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
First, If you do have a wiring problem you would be wise to fix that prior to powering back on to avoid shorting the unit. Then, figure out how to depress that "reset" button. That SHOULD solve your motorized face problem - at least.
Let us all know the solution when you get it sorted out.   
krnboix85 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2003 at 7:40 PM / IP Logged  
alrite thanks a lot for your help i was worried that i would have to get this repaired or i would have to buy a new unit..once i figure out this reset button i'll come back and let u guys know wut happened

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic