icon

need input, advice on setting up system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
I really need some help,here is what I got: 05  Dodge Magnum and currently installed an IVA-W205, 4 Alpine SPR-69LP, 3.5" Stock Bostons all running off of the deck, it sounds ok,but distorts pretty bad at high volumes and I really do like to listen to my music loud! I plan on putting in a pair of 10" subs in the back so bass really isnt an issue with the speakers, just want to be able to turn em up loud and clear, which doesnt seem like its going to work off the radio power, so I ordered an MRP-F450 (70x4RMS) and plan on running the front door 6x9s and  a new set of 3.5" dash speakers off the amp and leave the rears hooked up to the deck....Someone told me that the alpine sps-69c3s would be better for me because they are a 3-way and will be richer and louder, but Ive also read lots of great reviews about the Pioneer Revs so I need help on what to do, Im trying to find a good set of 3.5" dash speakers then the door speakers I have to choose between the Type S, Type Rs, and Pioneer Revs What do u guys think?
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
If you already have 6x9's in the doors then scrap the idea of the 3.5's in the dash, they will pull your front stage all over the place and sound horrible. You will for sure need to amp those Type-R's, thats where your problem lies.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2007 at 8:45 AM / IP Logged  
Well since posting Ive talked to a few ppl and have suggested that I do the NEW type R components with a decent amp, either a MRP-F450(70x4) amp the front components and rear coaxs or a Sundown Audio (100x2) amped comps and run rears off of head unit.. They said the new type Rs are a far jump from last years and will have much better SQ and Volume than the coaxs... Also, what would you say is a better spot for the tweeter, in the Sail panels or in the factory tweet locations on top of dash?
jazzcustom131 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2007 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
Components by design will sound better, because unlike a coax, you don't have a hole in the middle of your woofer.
Now, why would you run your front 6x9's off an amp, but put your rears on the head unit?
This is me personally, but if I'm running the front's on an amp... I run the back set on an amp. I don't like having my head unit working in any other configuration.
And you may not think about it now, but if you run those backs on the head unit, you're not going to improve your sound a whole lot.
Just pick you up a good solid 4 channel ( or 2x 2 channels, how ever you wanna do it) and get those speakers the power they want.
Greed is for amateurs.
Disorder,chaos,anarchy now THAT is fun!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic