the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

05 cobalt remote start or engine problem?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mrcanngo 
Copper - Posts: 63
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Ok, so i did a remote start using a Passlock-SL2 from ifar.ca. It is working very well. Here is the link so you can see what i'm talking about.
https://ifar.ca/products/data_bypass_kits/passlock-sl2/
Just recently, when i crank the engine via key or remote start, somtimes, the car shakes like the engine is about to die and then when i put it into "Drive", the car turns off.
I brought it into the dealer and they got a scan code of "P030 MISFIRE 2-3 DIAG SYSTEMS REPLACED IGN MODULE 2-3"
On the notes, it says that they replaced the J4410 MODULE, INTEGRATED DIRECT IGNITION SYSTEM"
Well, after they did this, the problem still remains. Did i "f" up my car because of the remote start? Is the bypass or remote start in-line causing these issues?
What is the worst possible thing hooking up remote start can do? I understood that the 05 cobalt can not be over-cranked. Will the car even start if it's hooked up wrong?
Thanks. Please let me know what you guys think is causing this and if it's my fault.
dmielken 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
Difficult to say with this information. Some questions: What Technical Data did you follow for the installation? After the car left the dealer repaired, did it run normally until you attempted to remote start? Did you power all the Ignition wires your Technical Data recommended you power?
To answer your questions, there are a multitude of things a car starter can damage, ranging from physical damage of an installation, to electrical damage to sensitive Electrical Control Modules. Even if the remote start is hooked up incorrectly, it may still remote start or attempt to remote start.
Given this information, if the car ran normally before the installation, there is a strong chance that the installation was the result of the problem. This will especially provide true if the car ran fine after repair, yet when you went to use the car starter, the problem resurfaced.
mrcanngo 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2007 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
Tough to say really. As soon as i took it back from the dealer, i remote started it and the problem appeared. But, i kinda thing that was just coincidence because when i used my key, it did the same.
For technical data, i followed the instructions from the papers included in the bypass unit. For a year after the remote start was installed, the car ran fine.
If the problem was fixed at the dealer and was related to remote start, wouldn't the problem only resurface a year later as well? Your right though that perhaps other sensitive control modules were damaged.
I just know that when i was installing my bypass, i hooked it up wrong many times with problems such as : reversing data wires, and reversing which ign and starter wires i think.
For hours while i was trying to hook up the bypass properly, the car would never remote start. Finally, i got it right and the car started.
Any other ideas?
vtec inside 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2007 at 8:55 PM / IP Logged  

If the car work well for about a year there good chance that the problem is not related at all ! I installed many passlock SL an sl2 on  the new generation passlock car and the worst that can happen if the module is not hooked-up correctly is that the car wont start !

You only have 2 wires  to feed at the ignition switch from the remote start , the brown wire acc and the yellow wire ignition ! The white wire is the one you have to cut (see sl2 diagram) !

Make also sure that the tach wire is not touching ground !

The rest of the wires are not ignition related like the brake pk light door lk etc !

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic