the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 550hf problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hook up the H3/6 BLACK/ white wire? This wire needs to see ground in order for the remote start to operate.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ntl1991 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the manual for the 500HF. All I can find on the site is the 550ESP and 500HF... I'm not really sure which harness this is without the manual. Is it the harness that goes to the tach learning, etc.?
Nick
ntl1991 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
OK, Thank you Twelvoltz for that hint. It worked. Somewhat at least.
Now when I hit the Channel-3 Button on the remote, the lights blink and ignition (I think it's the ignition, the check engine, ABS, Brake lights come on) but the starter doesn't engage. Then the ignition turns off automatically in about 3 seconds and thats all she wrote.
Now what could THIS be?
Thanks
Nick
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
This sounds like you either have not reconnected all of the heavy wires, pulled the ribbon cable out, or have burnt something up in the brain. To check, pull out your DMM, engage the remote start and probe the ribbon cable wires...the orange should go to ground when accessory is required, the pink with ignition and the purple with start. The red should show +12V all of the time and the yellow should show +12V with ignition.
I wish I could help you out with the manuals but DEI contacted me and told me to stop posting their manuals. I cannot afford to lose access to directechs so I had no choice.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
ntl1991 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 5:55 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I will check tomorrow.
ntl1991 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
It was actually the inline starter fuse on the thick red cable. It had a 3amp fuse in it for some reason??? so I put in a 20 and it started but died, so I started it with the key and did the tach learn dip switch process and now it works fine.
Thanks for all your help!
Nick
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic