icon

1000 post discussion

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sarcomax 
Copper - Posts: 276
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2007 at 8:19 AM / IP Logged  

I got worried when I did not see my last post...

So it is 6:10 am on thursday morning... I have been at work since 11:00am WEDNESDAY MORNING. If my store manager would just do things the proven way that they have worked for years, then we would have been done with our inventory 4 hours ago. but no, his way is best, and he wouldn't listen to you if you told him that his rotund buttocks were ablaze, and would purposefully not put the fire out just to spite you. I should mention that in california anything over 8 hours is time and a half. I wonder if the double time 12 hour rule has come back into play...

If anyone has some caffinated peppermints could you bring them by? I ran out about 5 hours ago, and they are not letting anyone leave anytime soon. The sodas and energy drinks were consumed about 8 hours ago, which shows the amount of time and effort that went into taking care of the staff of about 40 that are still here. /end rant

at least i get to come back at 5 am on friday to fix all of the mistakes that the crappy inventory service made!

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 25, 2007 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  

Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun. 

Where I work now we arn't allowed to work more then 12 consecutive hours without 8 hours off for safety reasons.

Kevin Pierson
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2007 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  
howie ll wrote:

*All the Grand Prix , Indianapolis and Le Mans type cars are built adjacent to a twenty mile stretch of highway South West of London, McLaren's place is like a heaven on earth for a workshop afficionado, oh I've got to fly Snap-on and Mac are after me.

Toyota makes there F1 cars in Germany. Ferrari is in Italy. I believe Dallaras are also Italian. Elan?
There is no such thing as free installation!
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2007 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Sarco, where are you in Caly?
There is no such thing as free installation!
sarcomax 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

Concord. East bay. I am back doing inventory number two. the first 31 hours did not count. Poop.

KPierson 
Platinum - Posts: 3,527
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 11:06 PM / IP Logged  
Well, anything worth doing is worth doing twice, right?
Kevin Pierson
sarcomax 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
27 hours later the second inventory is finished, three months from now we get to do another one.
Mad Scientists 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

"The person that causes the destruction of our society is currently on the phone behind the wheel of an SUV."

Not just there. I had a spotting last week in an office building. Got a trouble call for phone/computer problems.. the person with the problems called the main help desk, who relayed the information to me. I rolled, checked things out at the site and went to talk to the main help desk person personally.

me -  "What did they tell you on the phone?"

helpdesk - "They were having problems with the phones and computers."

me - 'Did they mention anything else?"

helpdesk - 'Nope'

me - "Not even that when they were having these problems, THE ENTIRE BUILDING HAD LOST POWER!!!!"

Jim

sarcomax 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Now that I am not working inventory any more, I kinda miss it. I guess I had something like 22 hours of double time last week, and a few of time and a half plus the regular time. But all that time ripped by. here it is 2pm, and I still have 2.5 more to go... This day is dragging like a fat cows udders.
sarcomax 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

Living proof that nice guys finish last.

Like three weeks ago I took in a car that we normally do not do here. I should say, that I took in a car that we normally do not do here for the labor that was charged. I knew that the 740il would not just plug and play correctly with an aftermarket radio, I told the customer this up front, and he decided to go with a 50 dollar blau amp that we had discontinued, and add a powered sub. We spent all day doing deck, 2 amps, sub, and ipod connections. I left before everything was finished, so I did not know about the whine until the next morning. I also did not know about the keyless entry (factory) not working until he came in the next morning. We then spent another day...9 am until 7 pm... trying to get rid of the noise/ get his keyless working. We tried every trick for the noise including new equipment and every combination of filter that we have in the store, and finally got it to an agreeable level. He then came in two days ago wanting to know how to put his speakers in, and today he came in because he had connected his speakers up wrong and wanted us to fix it for free...did i mention that he put them in? He said that since his keyless still does not work that we owed him one. The installer that looked at it said that the speaker was hooked up to the factory crossover, and was out of phase. The factory crossover was also defective, and now there is a ton of noise coming from just that speaker.

To sum this up. Budget guy comes in, I work with budget knowing that if I don't my store manager will go off on me for not taking care of the customer, I get shafted either way...

I am going to lunch for a few hours now.

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic