icon

2001 tundra, avital 4400, remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hagerbk 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
I installed an Avital 4400 on my 01 Tundra. Works great unless it is cold out side and then it does not crank the engine long enough to start. Not sure where to go from here. Anyone have and ideas?
enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2007 at 1:21 PM / IP Logged  

Did you connect your tach wire or did you go with voltage sense?

hagerbk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  
Tach wire is connected
rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
the tach wire is not connected or programmed correctly.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 10:01 AM / IP Logged  
yeap, make sure you got the CORRECT wire, or re-program your tach because during the summer, the rpm is higher and during the cold, its low. so reprogram it on a cold start then that should be good. if anything increase crank time.
hagerbk 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
I though t that I would have to increase the crank time, but am not sure how? This system was installed on my 99 GMC, but the Toyota seems to have to crank a little longer than the GMC.
hbronco96 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2007 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
how do you set the crank time? I have a 2004 f250 diesel and the remote start wont work because it doesnt crank long enough
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 9:09 AM / IP Logged  
hagerbk: If your tach wire is connected then the crank time is not something you should need to adjust. When the system is hooked up and programmed to a tach connection the starter will crank until the vehicle is started. In voltage sensing mode the starter will crank for the preset amount of time regardless of whether or not the vehicle is already started. This is what makes the tach connection the best method of installing (for most vehicles). It will not over crank nor will it under crank. If the starter is not running long enough when the vehicle is cold I would have to think that system was hooked up as voltage sensing and the crank time would need to be increased. Grab the manual for the valet 564T from the downloads section of this site. The 564T and 4400 are the same. Crank time is feature 3-5.
hbronco96: Same answer as above.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
hbronco96 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2007 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
hey thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hbronco96 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2007 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
one more thing, can you hook up the voltage sensor and the tach sensor and it work right? the guy who installed the alarm said he hooked up both and yet it still only cranks like 3 sec. and then tries again and then again and sometimes doesnt even start.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic