the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

dome light and diodes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pkaffe 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2007 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  

Hi!

I have a Ford Probe 1994 and I am about to hook it up with an after market alarm (the dreaded Thor CF425).

My problem is that I need to have the alarm to take no notice of the Dome light delay since it goes off if I arm it before the light has gone out and I do not want to have to stand and wait for 15 secs every time.

I read somewhere that you could acheive this with a couple of diodes but what kind and where do you put them ?

Sincerely:

Magnus

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged  
Go to the individual door switches, join door sense to each, diode together with bands away from alarm (diode type 1N 4001). you shouldn't need any more diodes as this vehicle is too early to have any sleep circuits or body control processors. Tape care and mount a different hood switch, on UK versions the hood switch stays open circuit when hood opened and goes to ground when hood closed.
kola7126 
Copper - Posts: 93
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2007 at 4:51 PM / IP Logged  
 FORD

MODEL YEAR(S)
 PROBE  1993 -1995
 DOOR TRIGGER RED / WHITE (-)  LOW IN DRIVERS KICK PANEL
audioman2007 
Copper - Posts: 580
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM / IP Logged  
Since this diode topic is already opened, I wanted to know a few things.... I plan in the near future of combining multiple sensors to my shock sensor. I have a port for my shock sensor to plug into. The port has 12V+, ground, full trigger, and warn away. When I go to splice into the full trigger and warn away wires, must I diode each sensor wire eventhough that sensor's input only gives off "shock sensor" when I check to see which 'trigger" set off my alarm?
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
No you should be fine no need to isolate those triggers
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
thats what i thought, thank you. But if I wanted to run sensors with my door trigger, than I would need to diode correct?
chadwa2003 
Copper - Posts: 353
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2008 at 7:13 PM / IP Logged  
You are better off using diodes but why would you want to use the doorpins?
corrysmtx 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
switch to an audivox security you can program it for dome light supervision and they offer a t harness for adding other sensors off of the shock sensor port.
1 12" mtx 9500 4ohm dvc 1 8100d and 1 1501d almost loud enough to cover the sounds of my car dying.
audioman2007 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2008 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
My alarm does have domelight supervision. I have it wired and programed for that. Its alot cheaper for me to just buy the sensors and wire them to the shock sensor and door trigger, than to buy a new alarm system. I have had my alarm for over 2 years, never had a problem and I love it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic