profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  
to keep a clean installation, do this:
1. confirm all wires w/ a DMM
2. tape and route the wires
3. splice the wires
Essentially, the installation should be clean b4 you even make one splice. It takes a lot of installations for me to do the above in those order.
Not everyone can do the above, if youre starting out, it will be a mess but youll get after ~30 RS installs.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
techman93 
Silver - Posts: 591
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
I try to see the vehicle wire code and what I am installation manual at the same time. Devices being installed alarm, remote starter or a combo unit. I determine the features that will be used and which ones will not and cut wires or remove them out of harness as spare wire to utilize later. This will eliminate the number of wires and make it less confusing later.
I then do bypass connection if needed then plan by the wire code what wire goes to where in the vehicle. I proceed to wrap tape around all wires going to each location. My boss says I am "Tape happy", but if you want an install that hides well, that is one way you can do it.
After it is all taped up and pre-wired I start to do my connections and test with a computer safe test light before I make permanent with solder. I normally try to zip tie all modules as far up in dash as possible and then the wires. Depends on vehicle type as to how far you can bury the modules.
The most important thing is planning.
P iss poor performance is prevented by proper planning.
brhaugen 
Copper - Posts: 275
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 12:30 PM / IP Logged  
Abe Lincoln once said "If you give me 5 hours to cut down a tree, I will spend the first hour sharpening my ax."
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic