icon

autostart ct 3260, 93 civic si?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
519civiconair 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 3:47 AM / IP Logged  

OK I hav installed an autostart CT-3260 into my 93 civic si Manual trans. everything is all hooked up.  I have programmed the remotes button 1& 2 work while programming remote i start the car to "learn the tach" (which is hooked up right to an injector wire) and the module will not  "Learn the Tach" i hav read that the starter should still work (just might grind) so i try button 2 which is supposed to START and there is no response from the module (no parking light confirmation) button 1 and it confirms and locks/Unlocks

My questions then are:

Why isnt it learning the tach straight from an injector And why isnt there any output from button 2    autostart ct 3260, 93 civic si? - Last Post -- posted image. ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THNX IN ADVANCE autostart ct 3260, 93 civic si? - Last Post -- posted image.                                                                               

F.B.S.S air ride is the only way to roll
519civiconair 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

OOPS its a PROSTART CT-3260 not an Autostart so anyone got anything?

dea,can 
Copper - Posts: 284
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 11:58 PM / IP Logged  
TACH BLUE  @ 2-PIN PLUG NEAR DISTRIBUTOR

set meter to AC attach the   (-) probe of the meter to chassis ground start and run the vehicle Probe the wire suspected of being the tach wire with other probe if this is the correct wire the meter will read between 1v and 6votls this wire will increase in voltage as the RPMs are increased

dragon
519civiconair 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  

Its hooked directly up to the tach wire but the module isnt receiving the signal. Just realized that even my factory tach isnt working.  I hooked an autometer 5 1/2" tach up to the same wire and no response..........And why wouldnt the factory tach work???????? my DMM got wet and now i cant test for the signalautostart ct 3260, 93 civic si? - Last Post -- posted image. .............Could it be a distributor prob.?   I have done remote starters in the past with No problems But i guess thats why they say to make sure the car is in "perfect working order"................But one would only assume there would have to be a signal in the distributor for the ECM...........ANYONE?? 

this whole install has got me confuzled

519civiconair 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Ok heres the Question.  I am installing a remote start  on a 93 civic si (SOHC Vtec) I hav tested tach signal wire to the tach test wire( blue wire ds under windshield single wire with connector)  I have tried the Blue wire at the distributor and i have to much fibreglass and other(CUSTOM) things covering the computer (so thats outta the question)  NOTHING has any change on the DMM 0v on DMM b4 probing wire and 0v while probing.   Has anyone encountered this or know what would cause this?  I mean doesnt the computer need that signal to run?  Car runs strong and hard no PROB`s no engine light and the engine light DOES work if there is a failure?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2007 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have your DMM set to AC voltage?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
519civiconair 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
autostart ct 3260, 93 civic si? - Last Post -- posted image.Its on BAT 6v on that  DMM
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
519civiconair wrote:
Its on BAT 6v on that DMM
The dark red section right above the green BAT section immediately to the right of the OFF position is AC voltage, put the switch to the lowest value in the AC range and test again.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
519civiconair 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  

Ok so the odd time the wire right at the distributor will spit out a signal but its not constant and its not always there..... the reading when it is is 30.0 at 200acv any ideas??

519civiconair 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2007 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
Ok "IT WORKS" the wire inside the distributor was disconnected and was shaking with engine vibration making contact momentarily. Re-connected wire and now my factory tach works i then Re-programmed the R/S and set it into ready mode pulled the key out got out turned car of with remote and VRROOOOM fired right up no starter drag at all.  My first install and it would have went smooth if it wasnt for that dang tach wire  THNKS for all the help and "happy installs"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic