icon

autopage rf 520 system keeps coming on

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
trigga_b 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a RF-520 alarm system in my 92' Bonneville. I have most of the wires tapped into my car. Everytime I pluf the main harness into the brain box, the alarm comes on. I snipped all the wires from the harness and left the +12V constant, +12V switched ignition, siren, and the 2nd channel connected. Could any point me in a good direction? Here's what I got so far-
Red Wire: +12V main power -> Red +12V constant (ignition harness)
Brown wire:(+) Siren output -> + red wire from siren
White Wire:12V Parking Light output ->+ Brown wire (behind headlight switch(
ORANGE / Red Wire: Dome Light relay Output -> - White
BLACK/ Green Wire: 200mA (-) Channel 3 Aux -> remote start input
Gray/Red Wire: 2nd Channel trunk release Power input -> + 12V source
Orange Wire: (-) 500mA Ground when Armed output -> Don't need
Gray Wire: 2nd Channel trunk release Relay output -> Black wire (button on drivers door)
BLACK/ blue Wire: (-) 200mA Channel 4 Aux -> not used
Black Wire: (-) System Ground
Violet Wire: (+) Possitive door trigger Input
Green Wire:(-) Negative door trigger Input ->Don't know??????????????
BLACK/ Red Wire: (-) 200mA Channel 5 Aux -> not used
BLACK/ Violet Wire: (-) 200mA Channel 6 Aux -> not used
Pink Wire: (-) 2 step unlock / factory disarm output** -> lt. green wire at door jamb??????
Blue Wire: (-) Negative instant trunk/hood trigger -> lt. blue wire in trunk
RED / White Wire: (-) 200Ma HeadLight illimination output** -> Which wire????????
BROWN / White Wire: (-) Horn output -> not used
Yellow Wire (+) 12V Ignition Switch input-> yellow starter wire
Yacht2cool 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  
My autopage manual specifically said not to connect the main harness to the brain until all the connections are made. It really shouldn't matter, but I like to follow steps just in case. As for your questions on your wiring, do you have a diagram for your year, make, and model car?? Your door triggers will either be positive or negative, so check your diagram as you will only need either the positive or negative door trigger wire. As for your yellow +12 ignition switch input, if I'm not mistaken that should be connected to your ignition wire which has +12 which your key is switched all the way, but not started, so you don't want it on your starter wire. I'm sure someone on here has access to diretechs and will post a good diagram for you. I don't have an account here at home, but I can post one for you tomorrow if needed.
As for your RED / white for headlight illumination, you really don't need that wire, but if you do need it, most diagrams should have the headlight wire on it. You may need a relay to connect it, but I'm not sure on that.
I hope that helps a little, I will try and get you a diagram tomorrow if no one else has posted one for you. If you have any other questions, let me know.
-Scott
trigga_b 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2007 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for your help. I have a negative door trigger and I will switch the ignition switch input wire to my pink ignition wire. I guess I'll reconnect everything and try it again.
trigga_b 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
is the "door switch sensing input" the same as "door trigger?" It says to locate the "common wire" for all door pin switches.
caraudio904 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2007 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  

from my experience by default alarms come on when they recieve power for the first time or after they have been away from power for some time. as long as the antenna is connected you should be able to turn it off an proceed with what you need to do, that doesnt sound like a wire issue to me unless while its connected all of a sudden it decides to come on then that means it was triggered some how

Southern Stylez
Jacksonville, FL 32218
Yacht2cool 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
So trigga_b, your alarm is going off when you plug in your main harness? As caraudio904 stated as long as the antenna is hooked up you should be able to disarm the alarm and continue working on it. But you should have all your connections made before you hook it up to power. And as far as your door trigger go, the door sensing switch sounds as if it is referring to your door triggers. Since you have negative triggers, the wires for your doorpin will show voltage when closed and will go to ground when the door is open. Some people often use the dome light wire and hook it up to the positive door trigger wire on the alarm. On most GM's though the domelight is delayed when you close the door and your alarm will think that the door is still open and may trigger falsely cause usually when they arm and think that a door is open, that zone is bypassed and effectively not armed.
So in your case you want to find your door triggers. There may be a common one for all the doors, or you may have to go to each door separately. I haven't seen a diagram for your car, but a quick search should land you one. My internet at work was down so I wasn't able to get to directechs and get a diagram for you but I'm sure if you ask any of the members on here they could pull one up.
trigga_b 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
I got the alarm to shut off, I pressed the unlock button a couple of times. I had all the wires I wanted hooked up for now. Later, I was going to do the headlight illumination and wire the BROWN / white wire to my horn. I haven't programmed the remote yet so I don't know if it's fully working (hoping that I have all the right connections). I install the alarm because I just got through installing my remote starter. I said to myself, since i got all the wires out from hooking up the remote starter then I might as well hook up the car alarm too. this was my first actual time hooking this type of stuff up too.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic