icon

dei 562t, 1700g hook up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stiver_32 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 10:02 AM / IP Logged  

I've done alot of searching and couldnt find the answer.

I have everything installed and can get the truck to start but it will not stay running.... it immediately shuts off.  Everything I read is pointing to the factory alarm/passlock II .  

I have the 1700g hooked up:  12v, ground, blue to blue on the 562t (- 200ma output), and purple to purple on the the OBDII(databus).  I also programmed the 1700g according to instructions.  I dont have the tach wire hooked up HOWEVER I did change the 562T to "voltage sensing".

Does anyone know what would be causing my problems? 

I also keep reading about hooking up a wire to the lt green wire on the purple BCM plug..... (Factory alarm disarm) .... Which wire on the 562T or 1700g do I need to hook up to it??  I currently have nothing ran to it.... however I have tried the factory alarm disarm wire on the 562T but it still didnt work.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

stiver_32 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2007 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
Forgot to mention that the vehicle is a 2000 GMC Sierra SLE 4x4 w/ remote entry and alarm.
offroadzj 
Gold - Posts: 2,043
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2007 at 9:49 PM / IP Logged  
i would double check all of your connections. I just did a 200 gmc sierra about aweek ago using the 1700G1 and it worked perfectly. Make sure that you see the bypass flash the correct times according to the mode, then press and hold the program switch to "finalize" programming. I would also put the bypass up to your ear and make sure you can hear/feel the relay activating when you try to r/s.
Sorry I couldnt be any more help.
Hopefully someone else will chime in with something better.
Edit: Also make sure that you are activating all of the ignition/accessory wires. A good test is to first just put the key in the ignition and try to r/s it. If it starts, then its definately a bypass issue. If it does not, then its an ignition issue. You can also press the r/s button then immediately turn the key to the on position. If it starts up then it is definately an ignition (this is if you have already determined that its not the bypass)
Kenny
Owner / Technician
KKD Garage LLC
Albany, NY 12205
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 6:58 AM / IP Logged  
offroadzj wrote:
Edit: Also make sure that you are activating all of the ignition/accessory wires. A good test is to first just put the key in the ignition and try to r/s it. If it starts, then its definately a bypass issue. If it does not, then its an ignition issue. You can also press the r/s button then immediately turn the key to the on position. If it starts up then it is definately an ignition (this is if you have already determined that its not the bypass0
This will not work in Passlock II systems because the R value is in the key switch, it is not transponder based.
The 2000 Model Year truck does not require the data bus interfacing that the newer trucks required. All of your interfacing has to be done at the BCM with the exception of the PLII bypassing. If you have a factory alarm you need to use the disarm wire from the 562T to the BCM but this is not where your problem lies. If you have unlocked the door with the factory remote or with a key in the driver's door then the factory alarm is no longer in the picture. Also, if it was your alarm, the horn would be going off.
Did the bypass indicate that it programmed correctly for your platform? Platform one? How long did you program your crank time for? With that truck I would program it for at least 1.5 seconds as your truck has anti-grind from the factory.
Is the theft indicator blinking when you try to RS? Did you solder your connection to pin2 of the OBDII connection?
If you followed everything to the letter it is possible the bypass is bad, where did you get the piece from? Was it new?
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
stiver_32 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

I got the truck to remote start. 

I was missing the harness that contained the blue (-) output status wire.  I ended up tapping into the satellite harness to get it. 

lso had to hook up what DEI called an "optional" RED / White 12v constant wire in order to get the 2nd ignition to have power. 

Can you please tell me how I can get the doors to unlock/lock with the DEI remote?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 03, 2007 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
As stated in the other post, the RED / WHITE is no longer 'optional' DEI has not updated their manual to reflect that they no longer use a jumper at the relay pack which makes the RED / white a mandatory connection.
For your door locks just hook the blue (+ lock)to the light blue at the BCM and the green (+ unlock)to the white at the BCM. These wires reverse polarity through transistors so they are only strong enough to drive relays (which is what you are doing). Make sure you test the wires with a BCM before soldering to them.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic